Wednesday, April 3, 2013

We have a name!



It's been 8 months in the making, but we officially have a name decided on & are thrilled to share it with you!

We are not necessarily ones who have to have a significant meaning behind the names we choose,
 but just want them to "feel right." 
We've come to learn that boy names are hard. 
Or at least the were for us. 
We wanted it to be a good fitting name for a baby & little boy,
but also one that could seem like a nice & distinguished name for a grown man.
And when we would say it with the rest of the names in our growing family,
we wanted it to "fit." 
And then you have to think about the initials.
Also with a last name like Snow, there are just some names that don't work!
That's a lot to consider, people!

We threw out many, many, many possiblities through the months, 
and ended up coming back around to one from the very beginning.

We love it so much, and love getting to call our sweet boy by name!

{Emma is not quite on board yet, but she is not really a fan of anything besides "Baby Brother" 
And that's ok with me, she can call him Baby Brother as long as she would like...
although I'm sure Hudson will have a different opinion about that one of these days! ;)}

Only 5 more weeks
{or possibly less considering the number of contractions I'm already having} 
until we get to meet our sweet bundle of joy!!

4 comments:

laura jo said...

Names are just difficult! I love the name you chose! It is so distinguished and manly sounding, but will also be good for a little boy. Great choice!

Cassie said...

LOVE the name!! Hooray for being so close :)

Mary Kay said...

I am so excited...cause I love the name!!! I agree it is a good little boy name but and a manly man name....and I can't imagine (though in this world you never know) that a girl would ever have that name! :) Another thing you gotta think of! :)

So sweet and we can hardly wait to meet Mr. Hudson Whitfield Snow. It is closing in on us for sure!!!! :)

Brittnie said...

Love love love it! Can't wait for Hudson to get here!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers