Ahhh, there is just nothing like a nice little vacation with your hubby to make you feel refreshed & renewed.
About 3 weeks ago we had a nice little weekend getaway to San Francisco. We really wanted to have a little babymoon for the two of us before baby boy makes his arrival & were so thankful to be able to make it happen!
Neither of us had ever been to SF, so we were excited to go check out a new city.
We left early on a Saturday morning,
and had a full weekend of going & doing ahead.
Ready to go!
One of the first views of the city
We decided to just use public transportation while we were there, and I have to say, I'm so glad we did! They had such an easy system to figure out & we got to take in the beautiful views of the city. We had a pass so we could just hop on & off any bus, street or cable car & it really worked out great. There were only a few times we had to wait for more than a few minutes. Our legs still got quite the workout, but overall it was great to not have to mess with driving, directions, parking & all that!
Once we got settled in our hotel, which I don't think I got a single picture of, silly me!
We headed to the Ferry Market Building for lunch & to look around a bit. It was pretty busy being Saturday & the farmers market going on, but I really loved it & had some very yummy chowder. The first of many bread bowls & chowders over the weekend, for me! :) Yum.
We loved the cable cars, so cute, fun, iconic! There was a stop only a block or two away from our hotel in Union Square, so it was really convenient for us.
After lunch we went down to the Fisherman's Wharf area for just it bit, grabbed some fish & chips to try {We decided it was best to try as much seafood & food in general while we were there.
It just makes sense, right?! ;)}
Then we headed to the Golden Gate Bridge.
It was so fun to see it & was really such a pretty day to be out enjoying the sights. A little cool once we got by the water, but still really enjoyable.
I love this dude!
We had so much fun together & he really is the best travel partner!
As we headed back to our hotel we decided to stop & see the "Painted Ladies" and Alamo Square.
The painted ladies, as well as SO many of the houses in SF, especially this area of town just amaze me.
So beautiful & intricate.
We went back to our hotel for a little rest {our feet had done a lot of walking!},
and to freshen up for dinner.
We decided to go to this cute little Italian Resturant, which I don't even remember the name of!
But it was SO. GOOD! It was a really small family-run place & the food and atmosphere both were wonderful. It was the perfect end to our first day in the city!
Day 2 coming soon! :)


2 comments:
I love that last picture of you and David...so sweet!!! I also love seeing and hearing all about the trip...and I am so happy you got away for a little babymoon!!!
Aww! So fun! I loved reading about your first day. You look so adorable in your pink skirt and I am now craving some chowder. Yum!!
Post a Comment