Thursday, April 4, 2013

San Francisco {Day 2}

After day #1, we were pretty worn out, but I had quite the treat coming!
Before our trip, my sweet, wonderful, awesome husband booked me for a morning at a nearby spa! 
He should win an award!

There was this yummy-looking creperie next door to our hotel that I wanted to try out,
but a creperie is not quite David's cup of tea {or so he thinks ;)}. 
So we went our seperate ways for the morning. 
I had a very yummy & relaxing breakfast, and headed to the spa for my morning of relaxing.

It was WONDERFUL! 
I was treated to an hour message, as well as probably the best mani & pedi I've ever had. 
Everything about it was beautiful, serene & relaxing.

 Once I left, David & I met up to head to Fisherman's Wharf to grab a bite to eat, 
then catch our ferry to visit Alcatraz.


The Alcatraz tour was on the top of David's want-to list,
it was very interesting, and sobering, and put me in a weird mood. Ha!
But I'm really glad we got to have the experience!






After we left the island, we headed to grab some dinner. 
We had read about the Blue Mermaid Chowder House, 
and it was not to far so we went to check it out.

 My crab & corn chowder did not disappoint!

 Before we headed back to the hotel, I stopped in the creperie once more to get a dessert crepe to-go.
The picture doesn't do it justice.
Why not start & end your day with a crepe?

It was a great day, and we once again went to bed worn out. I was wishing I would have waited to get my massage right before we left to come home, because my legs were so sore from all the hills & walking!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

What a FUN getaway! Those crepes look to-die-for good...I'm drooling over the dessert crepe!

And I felt the SAME way about Alcatraz...it was neat to learn the history but it left me in such a weird mood...but the views of SF from the island were pretty amazing!!

Mary Kay said...

Looks like such a fun day! I am so glad you got to get away before Hudson arrives!!!!

karen said...

so wonderful to have a little getaway before life gets busier! i like the idea of starting and ending the day with a crepe :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers