**Yes, it's been almost three weeks since Christmas & I'm just now getting around to posting about it. Yikes!
That's just how I roll these days. Please accept my apologies.
Not promising that's going to change though. ;)**
Since both of our families live out of town, we have a special deal with Santa to make a special trip to our house a few days early. He's nice to work with us like that!
On "our" Christmas eve Emma & I have a fun morning of baking sugar cookies. This was something I always did with my mom growing up, and am loving getting to carry of the tradition with my daughter. She was a lot more help this year than she was last, and was definitely on a sugar high by the time we finished!
We had our traditional Christmas Eve snacky food dinner. Yum!
And sent Emma on her Christmas Eve hunt. Always a favorite!!
We had our traditional reading of Twas the Night Before Christmas,
left food out for the reindeer,
{she made this at school-oatmeal & glitter-too cute!}
left cookies & milk for Santa,
and did our Christmas Story book before bed.
She was so excited about it all this year, which was so fun for us!
She even got the special treat of sleeping in our room for the night, which Santa told us needed to happen...;)


1 comment:
I love this post! I love seeing and hearing all about ya'lls little traditions as a family. I love you are carrying on our cookie tradition. I have a cool idea...since I don't have you to do it with me anymore...you can just mail me mine!!! :)
Post a Comment