Friday, December 14, 2012

Baby update

I feel like I need to apologize to my unborn baby boy! I have done a terrible job of documenting this pregnancy, compared to how I did with Emma. Sorry, son! I'm gonna try to do better. At least a boy probably won't care about those kinds of things one day, right?! ;)

One reason I am SO. FAR. BEHIND. on blogging is last time I when in to post, it said I was out of room & needed to buy more storage {for the 2nd time, thank you blogger}. So, was going to do just that today, and now it's letting me upload. We will see how long that lasts! 

Ok...on to baby things!

As I said, we are so thrilled to be having a boy!
Of course we are MOST thankful that this sweet baby is healthy & growing just like he needs to be. Everything looked perfect, and for that I just feel like we have been overwhelmingly blessed. 
David saw the little boy parts on the sono before myself, or the technician. That's exactly how it happened with Emma. Maybe he has a secret calling to be a sonogram technician. ;)
We were both thrilled beyond words. It's always been my dream to have a boy & a girl. And I still kinda just feel in disbelief that our awesome God has given me this huge blessing. I would have been just as excited if it was another little girl, but I am so excited about a boy for SO many reasons as well.

We got some sweet pictures of our little one, this one being my favorite. 
It is hanging on the refrigerator, and I love seeing that sweet profile each time I walk by.

We had fun revealing the gender to my family with lots of fun blue balloons, unfortunately they had lost their helium by the time they got to open the box, but it was still a fun moment!

  • I have been feeling great, and really have no complaints. Another HUGE blessing!
  • I feel like I am in that stage where I have a good amount of energy, no aches or pains, and am feeling sweet tiny kicks & flutters. It's just the best. 
  • I haven't really had any cravings or aversions. Of course, Mexican food always sounds good, but that's really not necessary a pregnancy thing! ha! I really do think I could eat it every meal when I'm pregnant though, and not get tired of it!
  • I am officially 19 1/2 weeks right now, and CAN NOT believe that I am half-way there. Especially if this little one comes a week early like his sister...I've got lots to do! 
  • As soon as the business of the holidays is over, I've really got to get busy getting ready for this little one!
  • No, we do not have a name yet. Boy names are hard, people. But we are working on it, and hopefully getting closer.
This picture was probably taken about a month ago, and I've obviously grown since then. 
I'll try to take a new one this weekend & post it soon!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You and your little bump are so cute, Ashley! If it's any consolation, I have misplaced our first sonogram pic for Jellybean No. 2 - hope he/ she doesn't mind. :)

Mary Kay said...

We are so excited! We know God has RICHLY blessed us for sure! We can't wait to meet your little fellow!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers