Every afternoon, about half of our group would go back to the house to continue working, while the rest when to the church to put on a VBS for the kids there. We had done tons of prep, and had to take everything with us, and all-in-all we were really pleased with how it all went. The kids and teachers were precious and we absolutely fell in love with them.
David's little buddy, Domingo.
This little boy was cra-zy! But he would attach himself to the men, you could tell he just needed that male attention & role model. He loved David & was by his side the entire time.
{When he wasn't trying to run off to go punch another kid, at least!}
These were the sweet teachers at the school.
The lady on the left, Digna, is the preachers wife and is absolutely precious. There were lots of tears saying goodbye to her.
This is Ishmael, the preachers at the church, presenting us with a plaque with all of our names on it making us honorary members of the church there. It was such a sweet & heartfelt gesture.
The two preachers.
One last goodbye with my sweet girl, Ritzy.
Doing VBS was a huge highlight of the trip, and brought so much joy. Those sweet babies were just too sweet & precious & loving. We had fun things planned to go along with our Superheros of the Bible that all went well, but the thing that stands out in my mind was those sweet smiles and hugs. Hoping we can go back to see some of their sweet faces again one day!
nu=7+5%29766%29254%29WSNRCG=345847453+345nu0mrj.jpg)


4 comments:
I feel quite sure this VBS and all your hugs were the highlight of their summer as well. Your hard work preparing the materials paid off in a huge blessing to them.
Aw!! It looks like you guys did an amazing job! I bet they all loved it!
I have loved reading your posts about Honduras. I think it is so great not only that you got to go and serve, but that you got to do it along side your husband. What a blessing!!
Thanks for sharing a piece of your trip with us!
Ashie! I FINALLY had a quiet moment to sit & catch up on your blog!! I am so glad you took the time to document your Honduras trip-- makes me dream of us going, too, & it's just so edifying & inspiring to see Him use you to do His work. & to throw in changing your life, & having fun?? How is He so good to us?!?! I also am loving those little cheekies w/the headphones on!! THAT BIG KID!!! As the days fly to her b-day, I just sit back & wonder where in the world did the last three years go?!?!?! Ah, EMMA. :) Love you, friend! Wish we were hanging out all weekend w/our men @ home!!
Post a Comment