Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Honduras-Food Distribution

 Back to the Honduras posting...
I know there are a lot, but I want to make sure I have it all documented!

Each day, a small group of us would go with the local preacher to ten different houses to deliver food bags. They were filled with dry goods, that would feed a family for numerous days, even weeks. The majority of the houses we went to, these bags were providing food for a family that did not even have anything to eat that very day. It was a very overwhelming & hard experience. Honestly, it's hard to even write about. I cannot even put into words how hard it was to see how these people live, and heartbreaking to see these people in such great need. Each home and family had their own heartbreaking story, and never before have I felt so extremely blessed by ALL we have.

Some of the churches in the area were so beautiful




David & the sweet lady from the first house we visited.

These were the food bags...they were big & heavy!


 One of the houses we went to had a set of twins who were two years old & extremely extremely malnourished. I really cannot put into words how much visiting this house changed me. I've never seen anything like this. There was not a dry eye in the house by the time we left. We are trying to keep in touch with Mission Lazarus to make sure these sweet babies are able to get the care they need.Our dream is to be able to go back one day and see this little girl & little boy thriving & growing strong.

 Another sweet, snuggley girl at one of the houses. She was actually a twin as well, but the other one was more shy!


 Oops, someone accidentally locked the keys in the truck!
This day was one that left a huge impact on our hearts, and an experience I will never forget.

A few more Honduras posts coming, along with what we've been up to since we've been home!

2 comments:

Wendi said...

I love reading these! Glad to call you my friend. Can't wait to see you all soon. :)

JENNY said...

Loved this!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers