Friday, December 2, 2011

Potty Training Diaries

I am writing from my home for the day, the bathroom! Sounds fun, huh!? Thankfully we are not sick, just trying to get this potty thing down. We actually started yesterday, and are now on day 2. I've decided we are going to give the three day thing a try, so we will see! I am not 100% convinced that she is quiet ready, but we will just see how it goes!



I will say that seeing emmas little naked booty run around is pretty cute & she just looks so big & cute in her big girl panties!

We have had some success...


I'm loving this cute chart I found on Pinterest. She likes putting the stickers on & cracks us up at how long she can make one m&m last. She savors each & every morsel, for sure, taking the tiniest of bites.

Right now I'm trying to decide if she has great bladder control or is being really stubborn! Ha! She hasn't gone at all over 2 hours & she's had a lot to drink! Only time will tell! :)

I'm up for tips from you fellow girl mommies out there.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

JENNY said...

Good luck!! I really hope it goes well. I'm not looking forward to potty training. haha. Jude goes in the big potty daily and has even gone #2 once, but I am not ready to really 'start' training yet. haha. I'm just hoping he does it on his own...pretty wishful thinking!

Mary Kay said...

I am sorry that I have given you all the advice I had. I am glad to see some stickers on the chart!! Yahoo. Also, I had to laugh when I read how long she can make M&M go...sounds like her mommy when she was a little girl! You would still have Halloween Candy...we would have to dump out of the pumpkin...because it had been in there a year!!!

Rachel said...

I've successfully potty trained two little girls now, and I can safely tell you that you're doing the right thing by following her pace and listening to her cues, as well as not letting yourself feel stressed or pressured in the event that she's not quite ready yet.

I started Ava super early (stupidly early, in hindsight) and although, technically, she was successful, her ability to go potty completely independently (pull pants down, get on potty, wipe, pull pants up, flush) took almost 2 full years after the initial "success" to achieve. I think mostly because I started her before she was fully ready.

With Leah, I waited until she was literally asking to go potty before I introduced the process to her (admittedly, she'd been able to watch her older sister, so I think she was "ready" a little faster than I'd expected) and she picked it up in about 3 days.

Long story short--because you know I like to ramble!--you're so very right. If she's ready, she'll get it. If not, no worries, she has her whole precious life to figure it out!

You are a good mommy! Best of luck to you and sweet Emma!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers