Monday, June 6, 2011

Corpus Weekend Getaway: Part 1-the beach

 Look at this adorable little beach bum...

is she not just TOO cute for words!?!

We made a fast trip to Corpus this weekend to visit David's brother & see his new house...which we loved! David had some frequent flier miles that needed to used up before they expired, so we booked a flight & got excited about a little mini family vacation. 

Emma did AMAZING on her first airplane ride and said "airpane" too many times to count. We seriously couldn't have asked for a better acting girl, she made us proud.
She was very excited to see "Un Bake" {aka Uncle Blake} it's so sweet to see how much she loves her uncle. When he is around, Emma doesn't really like for him to be out of her sight...it's too precious!

Saturday morning we enjoyed the beautiful lake view from Blake's awesome back porch.


Then we packed up & headed to the beach. We decided to drive a bit further to go to North Padre, and I think it was worth it. 
 I think Emma would have been perfectly happy to stand in the parking lot & feed the seagulls. She loved them! But, she hadn't seen the sand or water yet.




We were so excited to see what Emma's first reaction to the beach would be. I would say she loved it! She didn't want to be far from us, but loved the "aves" & to "pash" {waves & splash}.

First experience with the ocean:



As I've mentioned before, she loves the sand, and being in one big sandbox made this girls day.


 How cute is that little be-hind?!



 My other cutie little beach bum!






 See...I really was there! Just always ended up behind the camera!
{And that is a laugh, not a cry!}
 Family beach pic
 After Emma got a little nap in the car, we had a YUMMY lunch at Landry's. Oh how I would love another crab stuffed avocado right now!


What a wonderful beach day!
Part 2-the aquarium coming soon!

4 comments:

JENNY said...

How fun!! Emma is so cute and Blake's back yard looks awesome!

Jessica said...

It looks gorgeous there! How fun!

karen said...

oodles of fun at the ocean! great pictures!

Kim said...

Definitely a cute little behind is right!!! She is adorable! I am not sure where we are going this summer just yet...we have a couple weeks to fill up, so you keep giving me some good ideas! ;)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers