We just finished a fun weekend of celebrating David's 30th Birthday!
A while back I questioned David on how he wanted to celebrate his big day...and after he couldn't make up his mind on what he wanted to do, he told me to just plan it {only, no surprise parties allowed...it's a pact we have with each other!! :)}. I had so much fun planning a surprise weekend & getting all the details worked out...I arranged for his parents to come in on Friday & surprise him {that small of a surprise IS allowed!} at a restaurant for dinner, it was a fun & funny moment! We enjoyed a great dinner together & headed back to our house where we had homemade cheesecake for dessert...once we could stand to eat another bite!
For the next part of the weekend I had made reservations at the Hideaway Ranch for the two of us. Emma stayed home with Happy & Grumps while we had an overnight getaway.
We are already looking for a reason & time to go back...it was the perfect getaway. It is between Glen Rose & Stephenville...so the drive isn't too bad, our cabin was great, we didn't see any other people the whole time we were there except for check-in & out, there was a hot tub just two steps out of our back door...I could go on & on! I can't count the number of times we looked at each other to say "this is so nice!!"
It was perfect & much needed for both of us!
Once again, Happy Birthday David! I love you & had such a great weekend celebrating with you!


3 comments:
What a perfect getaway, birthday weekend!!
Looks like it was such a fun weekend! I am proud of you for working so hard to make it such a special time for David! He deserves it!! Your cheesecake sure looked good and I am glad to see you got to use the cute plate you made!!!
Sounds like yall had a great time. Good for you! I am bad at carving out special time like this, but I need to get better...but we've had kids back to back to back so trying to find the time has been my excuse. :) Ha! Anyhow, glad it was a good birthday weekend!
Post a Comment