I have the best husband ever. EVER!
He is constantly amazing me by all the sweet & thoughtful things he does. He is always finding little ways to spoil me, but this weekend...he spoiled me in lots of BIG ways!
Friday morning he left for work really early because he was going to men's bible study at church before work {one of the MANY reason I love him so much!}. When he kissed me goodbye he told me that there was going to be a delivery that morning for my birthday and the "delivery person" might have to come in the house. {He knows I'm a little particular about how the house looks when people come over, so he thought I might like a little warning, once again...he's a good dude!} He got me so curious, I couldn't fall back to sleep wondering what it could possibly be. I FINALLY got him to tell me it would arrive around 10:30. :)
So right at 10:30 my phone rings. It's David telling me that the 1st part of my surprise should be waiting by the front door. IT WAS MY MOM!!!! To say I was excited would be quite the understatement! I had secretly been hoping all morning that she would be part of the surprise! :)
He also told me at this point that before he got home from work I would need to pack an overnight bag, a swimsuit, and leave my mom with all the info she would need because she would be babysitting Emma overnight!
He's so good!
Mom, Emma & I had so much fun spending the day together & I had so much fun anticipating the rest of the surprise that was still ahead! We went shopping, hung out at the house, and I packed my bags.
David ended up having to work a little later than he was hoping so he asked if I could meet him at the airport {we weren't flying anywhere...just a good place to safely park his truck}, and we could go from there.
On my way there he let me know that we were going to be spending the night at the Gaylor Texan. SO FUN!
When we arrived in in our room there was a bottle of champagne and a box of cake balls waiting! Such a treat! We enjoyed those on our balcony and got ready for dinner. He had made reservations for us at one of the restaurants at the resort...and it was YUMMY and at dinner he let me know that I was scheduled the next morning for a massage! {Did I mention that he is pretty wonderful!?!}
After dinner, we walked around & then decided that the hot tub was calling our names, so we went back to change, enjoyed the pool for a while then headed back in for the night.
{This was the view from our room!}
Saturday morning we went to breakfast {once again, very delicious} and then I headed off to the spa for an AMAZING massage. He went back to the room to pack up our stuff and get checked out. After the wonderful relaxing hour I showered & got ready, then we went shopping for the rest of the afternoon. {Again, a wonderful hubby to go shopping with me, especially since I know how much he doesn't like it...and he didn't even complain once! :)}
We both got some new clothes & enjoyed our day out...just the TWO of us! We talked so many times about how weird it seemed to be baby free. We both missed Emma, but it was such a welcomed & needed break.
It was so good to know that she was in such good hands back at home...we didn't have worry for one second!
It was a perfect getaway surprise!
Thank you so much babe, you are wonderful & I'm so in love with you!
{Up next...Emma & Honey's weekend!}


8 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! How wonderful!! I'm so happy you are so loved by someone so wonderful!! But isn't your big day the 6th? Am I crazy?!?
BTW, I have that shirt you're wearing in navy-- IT IS SO COZY :)
Happy birthday to you! (sorry if I'm late!)
omgoodness...what a sweet awesome super cool man!! it sounds like a stellar bday :) so happy you guys had so much fun together!!!
What a wonderful little birthday getaway! It sounds like you were spoiled indeed. You deserve EVERY good thing, sweet friend. You are such a precious person and I am honored to share October 6th with you, birthday buddy! Love you!
WOW!!! Happy Birthday first off & second-- what a great husband & awesome surprise!
You are spoiled!!! Looks like yall had a great time!
So fun!!! Way to go David!!!!
How fun! What a wonderful getaway. I just love it. Can't wait to hear about Emma and Honey's weekend!
HOW WONDERFUL!!! That is awesome. We haven't had much time away, but with 3 kids in 3 1/2 years, it's not like there's a ton of time for that, but the few times we have managed to get away were so great, and like you said, felt so strange, too! Ha! I always feel like I am forgetting something. Anyhow, glad yall had a great time. Loved all the pictures, you and I are so much alike and like to capture it all. :) Looking forward to seeing what your mom and Emma were up to while yall were away! ;)
You forgot the part where I almost shot a hole through the wall with the champaign cork. Love you babe!
Post a Comment