Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cake!

I love watching babies eat their first birthday cake! So, of course, I was so excited for this moment to arrive. I was anxious to see exactly what Emma would do. She is a {fairly} neat eater, so I wondered if she would really dig in! As you can see, after a little taste from mom, she had no trouble smashing her first "smash" cake!

And please notice what the elastic string from her birthday hat does to those cheeks! 
Can you say CHUBS!?!


We did a quick wash down to get all the icing off! :)

6 comments:

Cassie said...

C.U.T.E Party!! But I would expect nothing less from you! Love it!!

Mary Kay said...

Love the picture of that sweet little chubby hand...covered with icing and cake!!!

kristin fulghum said...

oh my. that is hilarious!

karen said...

ashley,
i have loved all the pictures from emma's first birthday (bird day) party! i'll bet emma delighted in smashing that cake and squeezing it between her fingers! fun, fun!
you did an incredibly fun job of making her first birthday special!

Anonymous said...

oh, her cheeks are amazing with that birthday hat on!! I can only imagine what Lofton is going to look like after he digs into his birthday cake--he usually looks like these pictures of Emma after each meal :) girls are so much daintier!

Lauren said...

Oh, Ashley! She is such a precious messy cake masher. I LOVE that she went sraight in!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers