I looked out on the back porch this morning to see THIS!
{legs & all are about the size of the palm of my hand-the whole web probably 24 inches+}
Yes, the web is quite amazing & the spider himself is unlike any I've ever seen. But I don't want to see it on MY back porch!
Yes, the web is quite amazing & the spider himself is unlike any I've ever seen. But I don't want to see it on MY back porch!
This is not okay with me.
Especially since it was only last night that Emma & I were in this exact location doing this:
Now, I think we've all noticed the {small} spiders seem to be especially bad this year. I've been okay with that.
But this. Not okay!
*update: I just found out it's only a Garden Spider.
Still, I don't have a garden...so it should GO AWAY!
Also, you should know...I'm the designated "bug person" of the house...they normally don't bother me. But this bug is too big! :)
*update: I just found out it's only a Garden Spider.
Still, I don't have a garden...so it should GO AWAY!
Also, you should know...I'm the designated "bug person" of the house...they normally don't bother me. But this bug is too big! :)


6 comments:
Ah! I just sent your post to my boyfriend because we saw a spider EXACTLY like this on his porch the other day. The web looked the same too - with that zig zag string down the middle. It looks SO poisionous. Be careful!
Oh my gosh!!! That looks awful. Chris and Amanda Lee found one on their porch, too. I hope we don't find one!!
YIKES!!! I say get David's rifle out now! :)
Actually, that sounds like something your Dad and brother would try! :)
Garden, my foot! If those are in the garden, then maybe I don't want to plant one next year! But I guess it might scare away the birdies and bunnies who like to munch on things! But it would also scare this gardener away!
Hey, we had two just like it. We had someone come out and spray and he said they were probably helping us. We said we didn't want them anyway. ;)
Gives me the creeps just looking at it. There are two HUGE ones on our front porch right now, just to the left as you walk out our door. I am too chicken to knock 'em down and kill 'em though! Ha!
That is NOT ok... I would be freaking out. No joke.
Post a Comment