So, I didn't spend thousands of dollars like on HGTV's Curb Appeal, but I am still extremely excited & pleased with the makeover my yard received this weekend!
My sweet & wonderful mom came & we not only tackled the front, but also the back yard in order to spruce things up a bit. We were able to accomplish so much more than I ever dreamed possible! I would not have been possible without her help {and the wonderful cooperation by a sweet baby!}.
I am so excited & proud of how much better it looks!
The front:
Oh, it looked so bad!
I am so excited & proud of how much better it looks!
The front:
Oh, it looked so bad!

Ta-Daaa!
SO much better!

I LOVE my new big green planter by the door.
We moved one of our chairs around from the back, it gives the perfect touch {and a nice new place to sit}!
Mom has such a green thumb and is so talented at putting things together & knowing what will look good & work. I'm having so much fun learning from her!
My mailbox even has a new little flower bed around it!

On to the back yard...oh, the poor poor back yard!
Our dogs have completely destroyed it! A year or two ago, David & my dad put in this nice fence around the porch so we could at least have part of the yard dog free. We really haven't touched it since, and it is in bad need to help!
Saturday, mom & I put in two flower beds across the back. She brought me some honeysuckle from her yard, and hopefully before long it will cover the fence & hide the messy yard behind!
We also transferred some of my pretty violets from the front yard, and before long they will be growing as well. I will have to post more pictures once things are growing!


SO much better!

I LOVE my new big green planter by the door.
We moved one of our chairs around from the back, it gives the perfect touch {and a nice new place to sit}!
On to the back yard...oh, the poor poor back yard!
Our dogs have completely destroyed it! A year or two ago, David & my dad put in this nice fence around the porch so we could at least have part of the yard dog free. We really haven't touched it since, and it is in bad need to help!
Saturday, mom & I put in two flower beds across the back. She brought me some honeysuckle from her yard, and hopefully before long it will cover the fence & hide the messy yard behind!
We also transferred some of my pretty violets from the front yard, and before long they will be growing as well. I will have to post more pictures once things are growing!


We did a lot of work on the porch, as well. Somehow I forgot to get pictures of that. I will try to post those later, too!
Thank you SO MUCH, mom for all your hard work & help. I couldn't have done it without you! Emma & I had so much fun having you here!
Thank you SO MUCH, mom for all your hard work & help. I couldn't have done it without you! Emma & I had so much fun having you here!


5 comments:
Wow! Everything looks so great! I hope I can see it in person sometime soon.
Jenny is right, WOW. I AM BEGGING FOR YOU TO COME HELP MY YARD!!! & I can't believe the sweet little Emma is 7 mos-- that is so amazing to me. She is precious, & it is no surprise!!! I love you, Ashie!!
Ahh. I had such a good time! It was so fun to dig along beside you! Yes, Emma was PERFECT this weekend...I loved seeing your reaction to your "new spaces"!!! Love you!
It looks great! My husband and I did the same thing this weekend, you should check it out. http://bit.ly/dyl5l3
You have a wonderful, talented, and sweet mom, and I think it's pretty obvious that she has taught you well -- in all areas, including mothering. :)
Post a Comment