I found these adorable recipe cards a few weeks back & decided to jazz up a plain kitchen towel, put them together, and make a fun & personal little gift!
I dug through my fabrics and found a few that would work perfectly!
I cut a {long} strip of each using my handy-dandy rotary cutter.
Then I stitched a small hem around them all.
{I forgot to take pictures of the next steps & in the meantime burned my leg on the iron. Yes, my leg. I was being really smart and had in on the floor. No, Emma was not awake-I am smarter than that at least!!}
I pleated each strip, pinning & ironing as I went. I wasn't extremely precise. I just eye-balled it & used the pattern on my fabrics as a guided instead of measuring. It was the first time I had pleated anything & just figured it out as I went. I'm sure there are probably lots of good tutorials out there though!
Next, I sewed each strip on the bottom of the towel at different levels.
I sewed on a little ric rac to the top of the pleats that showed.

Last I made a fabric yo-yo out of one of the fabrics, sewed on an old button & added that for a little extra pizazz!
The finished product:
I tied up the towel & cards...what a fun little treat waiting for a guest! :)
I pleated each strip, pinning & ironing as I went. I wasn't extremely precise. I just eye-balled it & used the pattern on my fabrics as a guided instead of measuring. It was the first time I had pleated anything & just figured it out as I went. I'm sure there are probably lots of good tutorials out there though!
Next, I sewed each strip on the bottom of the towel at different levels.
I sewed on a little ric rac to the top of the pleats that showed.
Last I made a fabric yo-yo out of one of the fabrics, sewed on an old button & added that for a little extra pizazz!


10 comments:
I just happen to know that it is truly adorable!!! You are so clever and I am so blessed!!! I love you girl!
Um, Oh, Creative Genius and Precious Little Fabric Queen, may I please put in a request for a supply of those as a future shower gift, whenever the Lord decides to bring Mr. Right my way, mind you it may be when I am 75!? :) Those are so stinkin' adorable. You've got more creativity in your pinkie finger than I'll EVER acquire in my lifetime.
So cute... might need to try that!
So cute! I love it.
AMAZING! You are so talented and creative!
I have those exact recipe cards!
Ashley, we've never met, but I met David right after Marty and I started dating. Emma is precious! I am married to Marty and I am planning a suprise party for him this summer and I was needing your address. Would you mail it to me at cassirash@gmail.com? Thanks so much! Oh, and you are way talented those dish towels are too cute!
That is so cute!
I think I've said it before, but there is WAY too much creativity and talent in yalls family! I am SO jealous! ;) Love the kitchen towel gone fancy! So cute!
Love these -- you're so creative! We should have some crafting get togethers! :)
Post a Comment