to CHRISTMAS, that is!!
I have been trying to think of a fun Countdown to Christmas to do on my blog. And today as I was sitting enjoying our tree the perfect idea came to me! From now until Christmas each day I am going to post a different ornament & the story behind it!
Christmas Ornaments are a big tradition in my family. Each year, since I was born, I have received an ornament from my parents. Most of them have had to do with something that happened that year, or something I was into at the time. My mom always has her work cut out for her to find the perfect ornament for each person! This is a tradition that I plan on carrying on with Emma & am now on the search for her first ornament. I will let you know when I find it! :)
Since I am a little late getting this started, I am going to post two for the next few days to catch up!
Here are the first two......
1

This is a good ornament for #1. This was my first ornament. It is a Raggedy Ann that my parents gave me on my first Christmas!
2

And a good one for #2! This represents the second house that David & I have lived in together. The year we bought our house my parents gave us this beautiful little frosty house. My mom added a tag that has our address. {I put the tag to the back, didn't think it would be the best idea for the whole world to see our address!} It will always be a reminder of the joy of owing our first home!
I have been trying to think of a fun Countdown to Christmas to do on my blog. And today as I was sitting enjoying our tree the perfect idea came to me! From now until Christmas each day I am going to post a different ornament & the story behind it!
Christmas Ornaments are a big tradition in my family. Each year, since I was born, I have received an ornament from my parents. Most of them have had to do with something that happened that year, or something I was into at the time. My mom always has her work cut out for her to find the perfect ornament for each person! This is a tradition that I plan on carrying on with Emma & am now on the search for her first ornament. I will let you know when I find it! :)
Since I am a little late getting this started, I am going to post two for the next few days to catch up!
Here are the first two......
1
This is a good ornament for #1. This was my first ornament. It is a Raggedy Ann that my parents gave me on my first Christmas!
2
And a good one for #2! This represents the second house that David & I have lived in together. The year we bought our house my parents gave us this beautiful little frosty house. My mom added a tag that has our address. {I put the tag to the back, didn't think it would be the best idea for the whole world to see our address!} It will always be a reminder of the joy of owing our first home!


5 comments:
Great idea! Can't wait to see what you get for Emma for her first Christmas.
Hehe. Raggedy Ann looks like she has been around a few years! Ha...she has!! Oh, bread dough ornaments were a BIG deal in 1982!!! I have LOVED carefully picking out ornaments for each of you each year! It does make for a fun tree filled with many memories. It was SO fun to get to see your tree this week...thank you for surprising me!!! Love you sweetie!
That's cute! I always got an ornament every year also... something that represented our lives for that year. Happy countdown!
I LOVE the Raggedy Ann ornament! What a sweet tradition :)
Ash - that is a tradition I grew up with too! Unfortunately, sometime during college my box of ornaments disappeared. My mom and I aren't sure if it got lost at her house somewhere or in one of my moves. I am going to continue this tradition with Addison too. I love it!
Post a Comment