Monday, August 10, 2009

Here it is....!

Ok folks...here are the long awaited nursery pictures! :)
I still have a few little things to finish up & am still waiting for the rocker to come in. But other than that...it is pretty much complete & ready for a baby!
I'm going to explain each picture {more for my documentation than anything...so don't feel like you have to read it ALL...it gets kinda wordy!}


This is what you see from the door. Her beautiful crib is from David's parents & we LOVE it! It is one that converts to a toddler, then double bed...so I'm sure it will be around for a long time. We were so surprised & excited that they bought her crib for us...THANK YOU!
The bedding I still LOVE! I got it at Kid's Village in Abilene & it was the perfect find to jump-start my plans for Emma's room.
Above her bed I made canvas with her name. I dipped the fabric in liquid starch & spread it on the canvas, then cut her name out of brown contact/wall word paper & stuck it on. I painted over the whole thing with modge podge & hung them with the brown ribbon.
Beside her bed is a hamper my mom found at Hobby Lobby for cheap! We changed the handles to brown ribbon, put a trim of ribbon across the top & I sewed a new liner to match the room.
In the corner there are two pillows that my mom sewed. They turned out so cute & I love them!

In the crib there is this adorable pillow that my sweet mom also made! Is it not TOO CUTE?? Once the rocking chair comes in I am going to put it in the chair. I am planning on taking Emma's pictures next to the pillow each month so we can see how much she grows.
{more on that later!}
Also, in this picture you can see a the birds that are on the mobile. There are little bird accents you will see in other places throughout the room.


Next is the bookshelf. My parents found this bookshelf at their church a year or two ago. It had been in a bathroom that was redone & they were just going to throw it away, so they brought it to me & I have been using it in my classroom. A few weeks ago I stained it & was amazed at how different it looked! On the shelf there are books, a sweet little Bible that one of David's grandma's had Emma's name put on, toys, CD's, and a few other little things. I am still looking for a cute fan to sit on top for some "white noise" while she is sleeping. {We have LOTS of sirens go by our house & a train that is very loud!} I am thinking about this fan, but would like to find one that is silver.
The curtains: The brown valance was already there, & my mom & I found the adorable trim at the best fabric store you will ever visit! {It is called Cabbage Rose in Fort Worth. If you ever need CUTE fabrics...it is a must see! That is where I got all the fabrics for accents in the nursery} So we added the trim & then mom sewed the yellow & white polka dot panels. I love how they turned out!

Ok...moving on! I am SOOOOO excited about this one! :)
This past weekend my parents came to town to help put in a new window & bring the DRESSER!! For each grandkid, we pick a dresser out of pottery barn & Dad makes it! They are beautiful pieces of furniture & REAL wood, not partical board like the ones you would buy at pottery barn. I. LOVE. IT!! He even made the changing table topper. We will be able to just take that off when we are through with it & Emma will always have a beautiful piece of furniture from her Bud & Honey! {Thank you guys, we are so excited about it!}
Above the dresser Dad also made the shelf. They had given me the little bird hooks a while back & when I decided to do bird accents in the nursery, they were the perfect fit! So dad made a cute little shelf that displays them so nicely! :) Above the shelf is an adorable little plate that one of my dearest friends, Emily, made me when I started teaching. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but it has the alphabet on it & the colors are perfect. When I was packing up all my school stuff I realized it would be so fun in Emma's room...so here it is! There is also a few other little accents, including a beautiful silver rattle with her initials engraved on then end. {I am still looking for a little frame for the shelf as well. I made the bird canvas & the look it complete! :)

In the corner is a cute little shelf that was my grandmothers. I have loved having it my house for about 4 years now & am so excited it fit so perfectly in Emma's room. I found the bins that are a perfect fit & great from extra storage.

Above the door is a little bird that I cut out of the brown contact/wall word paper.
{you can buy this stuff at wal-mart in the craft section & it is GREAT!}

This wall is not quite complete, but I still love it! We are waiting on the chocolate brown rocking chair to come it & that will sit under the frames.
The frames I got at Michael's, as well as the mats & put some brown scrapbook paper in. Each month when I take Emma's picture by her pillow, I will add it to the frame. I got the idea from Pottery Barn, but made my own cost-effective version.
The table I got at home goods for $30, what a find!
I had both the lamp & the lampshade. With some cute trim added, it fit perfectly in the room!

So there you have it! Congratulations if you read this far! Ha!
I am so pleased & excited with the way it all turned out & can't wait to have a baby here to really complete the room! It has been so fun preparing for Emma's arrival, and if you know me, I never pass up a chance to redecorate a room!

14 comments:

B said...

SO cute!!! Love it!!

Mary Kay said...

It has been so fun to watch you create Emma's room! I have LOVED every minute that I have gotten to help out! It won't be long now till it is filled with someone that will steal your heart! Have fun these last few weeks and we are so happy that you liked the dresser! It was made with PURE LOVE! Love you-Mom

Lauren said...

Emma will be the crowing glory of her nursery. It really is adorable, Ashley!! Your creativity and wonderful sense of style really shine through. Can't wait to watch her grow in that precious little room :)

Kim W. said...

Hey! This is Kim Watson, we are good friends with Zach and Meg. I stumbled across your blog, and I just had to say hi! I think I am gonna stalk you now from here on out! :) Ha! I seriously just had so much fun catching up on you and your pregnancy and soon to be little girl. Zach and Meg have filled us in some, and I am so excited for yall! You have the sweetest family...Bud and Honey are GREAT! I always love it when I get to see your folks. Anyhow, congrats again on the upcoming arrival. She will just be precious! Can't wait to see pictures!

Sarah said...

precious, Ashley. I love it--you have done a remarkable job!!! We cannot WAIT to meet your precious little girl!

annalee said...

hello, cuteness! every detail is just perfect!

erin f. said...

This is all just too cute. I love the colors and the cute little bird over the door! That's adorable. You can tell you guys have worked so hard and it just looks perfect!

Shiloh said...

You are so talented! Josh is painting our nursery this week and then I get to start on more of the decorating/crafty stuff. Emma has a beautiful room!

Chelsie Sargent said...

So adorable- Emma is going to styling in her cute nursery! Can't wait to meet her!!!

JENNY said...

Wow!! I am always so impressed with your decorating ideas. I LOVE Emma's room!! It is perfect. You are so talented. BTW, your Dad did an awesome job on that dresser!!

M'chelle said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the nursery and all the little details that make it so special. I think you and Mary Kay need to going into business helping others decorate. LOL! Can't wait see pictures of your pride and joy in just a few short weeks.

Jessica said...

I love Emma's room! This is so adorable. You should really be an interior decorator. If I ever have a baby, you need to come and design my nursery. I especially love the "bird" theme throughout! I like your bird canvas. Did you paint that, or cut out fabrics? Great job- I'm sure that Emma will love it!

The Brays said...

Absolutely amazing.....you are so talented! Again, can I be part of the family? :)

Leah J. said...

Emma's room is AMAZING!!! If you don't mind me asking, what is the brand/designer of the bedding? I LOVE it! I just might have to search for it online :) We don't know yet if we are having a boy or girl, but if we are having a girl ... I have envisioned bedding in these colors with fun patters! Love it!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers