I am slowly working on getting our bags packed for the hospital.
I can't believe it is already that time!!
So I thought I would ask for your opinions & suggestions.
So moms...
What was your "must have" item for the hospital when you had your babies?
I can't believe it is already that time!!
So I thought I would ask for your opinions & suggestions.
So moms...
What was your "must have" item for the hospital when you had your babies?


16 comments:
Bring your own cute gowns!! I did NOT want to wear that ugly hospital gown any longer than needed! :) And a comfy robe and slippers.
My favorite things were:
cute PJ's since there are a TON of pictures of you in those clothes.
good shampoo/conditioner and body wash for your first shower after...amazing and I loved smelling extra nice:)
B.I.G undies. A necessity, unfortunately.
Cute outfits for the baby...I changed him pretty much immediately and put him in my favorite newborn onesies everyday.
I also had my favorite candy and snacks for the days I spent in the hospital afterward. I like to munch, what can I say?? :)
(Oh, yeah...and I LOVE Target's nursing cami's. I could wear them under stuff when I had company but usually wore them by themselves when it was just us...SO comfy)
hi girl, just sent you a great hospital list to your email but i think it's an old address (the ashley jo knight yahoo one). if you don't get it let me know a current email address and i'll send it again! (annaleemccord at yahoo dot com)
I can't think of anything else to add besides a cute outfit to go home in...I like Cassie's list. oh, and of course, do not forget your camera and video camera, as well as your baby book if you want to get Emma's footprints in it.
Maybe I'm weird but I packed this huge bag of stuff and didn't end up using hardly any of it. I had my own cute hospital gown but it stayed in my bag because it was just too much of a pain (literally) to get up and change. I used my computer more than anything (we had wireless internet) to keep people updated on our new little one. So even though I said I wouldn't I just wore the hospital gown the whole time and didn't need hardly any of the stuff I brought except my shampoo/conditioner and my outfit I wore home (I recommend a sun dress because it's most comfortable). And just fyi...as far as undies go...the horrible mesh panties the hospital gives you are your BEST friend!! :D. I hope everything goes smoothly for you and you get to meet your sweet girl soon!! Blessings to all 3 of you!!!
Music! I brought my iPod and dock. I kept the lights low and it was so relaxing (I made a labor mix). Also I brought my own pads (so glad bc the hospital ones were huge!). And I brought witch hazel to put on my pads too (sorry to overshare) but it helps you heal quicker. Have fun packing!
I second Cassie on the nursing cami's from Target. They are awesome and I still wear them. I can't think of anything else to add.
Oh, take fingernail clippers for the baby. I don't think the hospital will give you any. You will need them for those growing nails.
You are so good to be thinking ahead. I didn't think about it until I almost had to do it without the bag.
I have to third the nursing cami's. I also took my own comfy, SOFT towel. The ones at the hospital are very sterile and stiff and small. I also took a robe and "flip flop" slippers that I could throw away when I came home--I didn't want those hospital germs tracking around my floor. Another idea is a matted frame for visitors to sign.
So excited!!
You have LOTS of good suggestions! What great friends! :)
Here's my list! Some of my ideas are skewed since I ended up having c-sections both times (and Jolee Kate will be my 3rd c-section, so you better believe my list is made for my next "extended stay!").
*PJs...comfy and cute! Target PJs are wonderful!
*Computer and cord to upload photos!
*All normal toiletries, etc.
*Good-smelling lotion. It's AMAZING how much better you will feel just by smelling fresh! And I liked the "bring your own towel" idea. The hospital towels are
t.i.n.y.
*Little outfits for sweet Emma! You will most likely take more pics than you even realize!
*Glasses if you need them.
*Cell phone and charger (sounds silly, but if you're like me, you might forget if it's not on the list!)
And I have to say, I CRACKED up at Cassie saying "BIG undies." SO SO true. :)
Oh yeah! And make sure you get a pedi just before! A must!
Hope I've contributed something! Can't wait to hear more!
Boy, friend! You've gotten a ton of wonderful suggestions. I have to say, even though I haven't endured the immediate pleasures of motherhood, knowing what a picture freak I am, I LOVE the matted frame idea!! Such a precious and memorable way to comemorate Miss Emma Grace. Knowing me, I would bring my Bible, because it goes everywhere I go, and I would want to invoke a blessing over my precious gift the moment it came into the world. That is, after I have finished crying, hurting, and after the realization that the gift was mine to raise in the ways of the Lord. What an awesome responsibility that is! You and David will do a fabulous job. Know this, the Lord has chosen well and He has equipped you for this task and all the challenge, blessing, and grace it requires! Sorry this is SO long. Signing off now. Love you and prayers are already being spoken over your precious Emma on my end.
I still haven't packed for the hospital...how unorganized am I? I am thinking I'll just wing it when the time comes. I feel like packing jinxes me into not going into labor!
Bathrobe and camera
Comfortable flip flops or house shoes plus a robe of some sort. I liked wearing the hospital gown b/c I didn't want anything getting on my stuff...if you know what I mean.:) Yeah, your own bath stuff for sure.
great music was a must for me. cute pj's that button down the front. your lotion should not be strong at all, your little emma will want your smell. and let david know that he should pack a small box from a jewelry store since he will want to give a great gift to his sweet wife.
Hey! I meant to comment on this a while back...
Not sure if anyone said to bring your boppy. I nursed with that from the get go!
Bring your pillow, nursing gown or buttoned pjs.
You'll be home in no time, so really don't pack your entire life with you.
Can't wait to see your sweet Emma!!! Not much longer!!
Oh my goodness, Ashley!! CHAPSTICK. Seriously, you will need chapstick. All of that breathing and hours of labor and NO WATER just drives a girl to chapstick! Also, you may want to throw in a couple pair of socks. For whatever reason, when you are in labor, and sweating profusely, your feet tend to freeze!! Then, it never fails, if you're needing the socks, then the dr. ends up having to break your water for you, and often times RUINS your nice warm socks! Ick! Sooo, an extra pair just in case! Boppy is so important too! love ya.
Post a Comment