Monday, August 17, 2009

ABC's

Today I am thinking about all my teacher friends who are kicking off a new school year. It is weird that this is the first year in a loooong that I haven't started a new school year! I know this year will bring a lot of changes & adjustments as I begin my new "career," and I couldn't be more thankful for what lies ahead!

So...since I'm reflective upon a new school year for so many...I thought I would post this ABC List. I saw it on another blog & thought it would be fun to do. Some are serious, and some are just silly...but all the same, it's fun to do...you should try!

From A- Z, I am thankful for…

A – Aprons-they bring me joy...why? I don't know, but they do! The cute ones, at least!

B – Blogs! :) It has been such a fun way to keep in touch with so many friends & to have a "journal" to look back on.

C – Children-they are such a joy to watch & learn from. {And I can't wait to have one of my own...only ONE more month!}

D – David-The best husband a girl could ever ask for.

E – Emma-we can't wait to meet our little girl.

F – Family-we both have such wonderful families that are such a blessing to us!

G – God-enough said.

H – House-We love our house!

I – Ice Cream-yummy & cold-which I especially like these day!

J – Jobs-that David has a great one & that I am able to now be a stay at home mommy! Let the adventures begin...!

K – Knights-that is my maiden name, for those of you that didn't know. I love my family & am so thankful to be a part of it!

L – Lakeside-our church home that we love.

M – Mothers-David & I are both so blessed with amazing moms that I am so thankful. Also, I am beyond excited to begin my journey as a mother! Wow!

N – Nights, the other kind now. I LOVE evenings at home with David & the time we get to spend together.

O – Organization-It's a good feeling. I've been doing a lot of this lately & David laughs at all of my nesting!

P – Parents-that they support & love us no matter what!

Q – Quiet-for the quiet times of the day to reflect & think & pray.

R – Rest-I am thankful for the rest I am getting right now...I'm trying to stock up! :) {Except, why have I been awake since 5:15???}

S – Seasons-I love the changing of seasons & the newness it brings.

T – Teachers-I am thankful for the ones I had growing up, my wonderful teacher friends & the years I spent teaching.

U – Underwear...we're all thankful for that, right?! ;)

V – Vacations-who doesn't love those??

W – Weird. Yes, I am thankful I can be weird with some of my dear friends & family...life just wouldn't be the same!

X – XOXO-hugs & kisses!

Y – Yesterdays, I am thankful for all the memories I have to look back on & smile!

Z – Zach-my bro.

4 comments:

Mary Kay said...

What a fun list! I agree with so many and I too can hardly wait to see you as a mom!!! Get ready because you will feel like your heart is going to explode!!! And that feeling just grows and grows through the years! Love you. Mom

JENNY said...

fun list!

Michelle said...

cute idea!

Darla said...

I so love it! You are going to be a wonderful Mommy...can't wait to meet lil Emma.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers