Friday, June 12, 2009

Colorado Vacation

David & I just returned yesterday from a wonderful & relaxing Colorado vacation!! We had SUCH a great trip & are already wishing we were back! Here are some pictures & a quick run-down of what we did!

We arrived on Saturday & spent the weekend with great friends Emily & Dave. Emily & I realized when we were together that we have know each other from almost 20 years! Amazing! She is such a blessing in my life & it was such a joy for the four of us to spend time together...we wish we could do it more often.

On Sunday they took us up to Mt. Evans. We were planning on driving to summit...but the roads were closed because of all the SNOW! It was freezing & so windy...but very fun to see snow in June!

On our way back into Denver, we stopped at Red Rocks. David had never seen it before, so we took a few minutes to snap some pictures & look at the beauty.


Monday morning David & I headed to Vail to spend a few days. We could not have picked a better time of year to go...there was NOBODY in town! It was so peaceful & quiet. At times we felt like we were the only ones in the hotel & most places had specials going on because of the slow business this time of year. It was glorious!
Our hotel was wonderful & I would highly recommend it to anyone planning a trip. We enjoyed many yummy meals around town, browsing through the cute little shops, sitting by the river, admiring the beautiful flowers & just taking it easy!
{David even treated me to a massage & a pedicure at the hotel spa! YUM!}


On Tuesday we made a short drive out to a place the guys at the fly shop in town had told David about. He was able to enjoy several peaceful hours of fly fishing {even catching some trout!} while I enjoyed sitting on the bank, watching him fish, eating lunch, reading a magazine & even catching a little nap in the cool mountain air...who can ask for more?? It was beautiful!!



To end our trip we spent a nice evening back in Denver with my mom's sweet cousins, Steve & Elaine. Sadly, I forgot to take any pictures while we were there!

We had a wonderful last pre-baby vacation & can't wait to take our little family back one day soon!

7 comments:

JENNY said...

Looks like a wonderful vacation!!! Can't wait to see you today!

Mary Kay said...

So fun to see the pictures! Sounded like a great trip...but then when is going to Colorado not great! Let's plan on taking Emma next year to our favorite spot!! Love you-have fun on your Houston trip!

Chelsie Sargent said...

So glad you got to do that!

Shiloh said...

I can't believe you were in town and didn't call me! Hope you had a great time.

Lauren said...

We're going to Pagosa in July and I CANNOT WAIT!! I adore Colorado. Such great memories and pictures. Blessings.

erin f. said...

What a fun thing to do while it is still just the two of you!

Sarah said...

Vail is one of our favorite places on earth! I'm so glad that you guys had a fabulous last "getaway"!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers