Thursday, March 5, 2009

David's Post

Hello blog people. I will give you a treat today... a post from the husband.

First of all, since this is my first and possibly last post, I will try to cover the important stuff. Ashley's pregnant and that's super fun cool. I can't believe I'm going to be a dad. We're calling the baby Peanut until we know what it is and can pick out a proper name. I think we're on the same page with name if it's a girl, but if it's a boy then we've got some figurin to do. I'm fond of Ulysses (we'd call him Uley) or Opie (Andy Griffith throwback), but I dont think Ashley likes them as much as I do. Let me ask you this, are you old/mature enough to be a dad if you still remember the cheat code to Super Contra? (Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start)


The pregnant fairy visited our house and got all the girls pregnant at the same time. Abby was spayed before she was too far along, but Berkley ended up with a litter before we could catch it. If anybody wants a puppy please let us know. We have 9 dogs right now so the puppies are a royal pain and we don't want them around much longer.

Speaking of dogs, I took Berkley out dove hunting for the first time in the late season. She did awesome! I also took her camping and she did awesome! It's always been an understood thing that Abby was sorta my dog and Berkley was sorta Ashley's dog, but I'm trying to figure a way to switch this arrangement. Other than Berkley coming through as a retriever, my fall hunting season stunk like a skunk. I can count more trips made to the field than birds shot. Very
poor. I got Ashley a new camera about a month ago. It's working pretty good, except that it doesn't like Ashley. Every time I take her picture with it, it makes her eyes look like she's on drugs. Since she doesnt know I'm posting this I'll put an example on here for you to see what you think. We'll see how long it stays up. If she tries really hard to keep her eyes wide open it comes out normal so I think it's got something to do with the flash.



Everyone please join the "SAVE THE RECLINER" effort. I'm about to lose this beautiful piece of furniture to the nursery unless I can gather enough support to convince Ashley that a recliner is an excellent place to rock a baby. Please send your support. Also, if you would like to lend your support to the "COLLECT & DISPLAY TAXIDERMY" effort that would also be nice.



My cute little pregnant wife has this thing called a Bella Band, or something close to that effect. From what I can tell, this is an elastic thing that goes around your waist so you can unbutton your britches without anyone knowing it. I think this is a marvelous invention. Once Ashley's done with it, I'm going to take that thing to the buffet and try it out.

FYI Turkey season opens April 4th.

I've discovered in the past two years of marriage that my wife is a pro in the kitchen. My favorite things that Ashley cooks (in no certain order) are: Poppy Seed Chicken, Cheesy Potato Soup, Taco Soup, UFO's (chicken and cream cheese in croissants), sausage enchiladas, and chicken salad, and cheesecake. I'm sure there's more that I'm not thinking of. Needless to say I'm eating a lot better now than I did in college, although I will pick up some Spaghettio's and Viena Sausages every now and again at the store, just for old time's sake.




Well, that about sums it up. That's all I've got on my mind right now. Everyone please continue to pray for the health of Ashely and Peanut, and come pick out a puppy.

13 comments:

Mary Kay said...

David, you make me laugh! I enjoyed your blog entry but as you would expect I will have to vote a big fat NO on the recliner! Sorry but I know this won't come as a shock to you. As far as dead animals hanging on the walls, you know my stand! However, I do want you to know how much we love you for the way you love our girl! And you will make an amazing dad!

Chelsie Sargent said...

Cute post David, you made me laugh!

annalee said...

more guest posts please. you and ashley make a great pair! can't wait for y'all to be parents too!

Lauren said...

David, You did a great job! As far as the dead deer heads go, all I have to say is yuck :) Not my thing. I am praying for you, Ashley, and Peanut. You will do wonderfully. I vote for you to write more often.

Wendi said...

That's so funny! Good job David!

Erin said...

Hi Ashley,
It's me Erin 'Richmond' Lassen. I have your blog on my google reader along with mnay other ACU folk that don't know that I read their blogs :) Anyway, I just had to post to tell you both that Jon and I have the exact same Lazy Boy Recliner! I keep talking about how it's got to go at some point, but Jon is taking it with him to the grave. His parents had it for 10+ years and then gave it to us when we got married (joy, joy). I couldn't resist letting you know, I share the pain of the recliner. I do have to say it's still pretty comfortable though :)s

JENNY said...

haha! I loved this post. I especially loved the "save the recliner." But, I'm with Ashley on this one. You need something cute for the baby room! Oh, I LOVE Ashley's sausage enchiladas, too!!! Yum! Makes me hungry right now.

*Kendra* said...

David...you are too funny! Glad you have a good cook for you. I'm sure Jeremy would NOT say the same about me. I will say, we love having a recliner in both living rooms for rocking the baby.... I'm a fan of dead animals on the wall, so I'm probably not going to help Ashley's cause much. And, Bella Bands are fantastic! Congrats to you both on the peanut! We need to get together soon!

Sara Montoya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathi P said...

liked it so much that i read it aloud to christian and we both cracked up! hope we can go camping with you guys some time!

Sarah said...

Seriously, David...you crack me up!!! I have to take Ashley's side on the recliner...oh my...I keep hearing about the "grease spot" but to actually see it...NICE! I'm also all about taxidermy...in the garage and since I don't think you have a garage...I also have to agree with Ashley here.

Adria Hoyle said...

David, You are too funny! I love you guys! I think I also am on Ashley's side with the chair and dead heads --- maybe you could put a larger shed in the back for you animals and chair! We are so excited for you both and can not wait to shower peanut with the all of the Aggie gear we can get. Taylor and I are going to Aggieland in April and already have clothes for peanut on our list!!

Shea said...

Ashley...can I have your recipes that David likes so much. They sound great!

Congratulations on the new bundle of joy!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers