Sunday, May 11, 2008

There's No Love Like SNOW Love, part 2

Here's some more Snow Love Story for ya...

I was busy with my student teaching & spending time with my family & few friends that were still in Abilene. I would occasionally hang out with the guys across the street. One day David asked if he could start running with me, he wanted to "get in shape." We began running a few evenings a week, and it was a fun time to talk & get to know each other. Actually, I did most of the talking as David could hardly breathe. :) I remember one night him telling me that he would love to talk, but was toooo out of breath, and I could talk all I wanted. I was excited about having a new running buddy & was enjoying getting to know him. A few weeks later I was over at a friends house. One of the girls that lived there happened to be one of David's roommates girlfriend. She broke the news that David HATED to run! What? He was just wanting a good excuse to get to know me better. I was very flattered, even though I was somewhat disappointed that he didn't share my love for running after all. But I was glad to know that he was interested, and didn't let on to him that I knew his secret!

Before I knew it I was finishing my last week of student teaching. David said he wanted to take me out to dinner to celebrate my graduating. So, somewhere in the first week of December we had our first official date. We enjoyed a nice dinner at Johnny Carino's & then joined his roommates at some land outside of town for a campfire, smores, and guitar. The boys had been given "permission" to use this land. But once the Game Warden came out they realized they didn't have the proper permission. Thankfully we didn't get arrested or fined on our first date! Now that really would have been a great story for our kids, right?

I had a good time. David was really nervous & I could tell. I had a lot going on in my life at the time that was taking more of my time & thought. I was graduating, my mom & I were headed off to NYC for a week, Christmas, a family vacation to Colorado...not to mention moving and finding a JOB! So needless to say, I was just a tad bit distracted with other things. I knew I was about to move to Fort Worth, so I was not all that interested in being tied down to anyone. Little did I know what was to come in the next few months...

More coming soon!



3 comments:

JENNY said...

So fun. Love the story!

Kat said...

I can't wait for the next round! I love hearing this story...I can't believe I've NEVER met David, we should change that soon!

Shiloh said...

This story makes me smile. I knew that God would bless you with a man he had prepared especially for you. Can't wait to hear more.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers