Monday, May 5, 2008

There's No Love Like SNOW Love, part 1.

I have seen several people doing love stories on their blogs, so I decided I would join the bandwagon. Plus, it's a fun way to be able to document our love story. So, here goes!


Setting the Stage

It was summer/fall of 2005. I was planning to doing my student teaching and then graduating in December of '05. I was kinda bummed. All of my roommates had graduated in May, two of them had gotten married, and I was ready to be in that place too. I decided to move home with my parents in order to save money that semester. I knew I wouldn't be working that semester, so that was the most sensible decision. I really didn't even seriously consider any other options. I was excited and nervous all at the same time. I LOVE my family, and LOVE spending time with them. But I knew it would be an adjustment for all of us, since I had not lived at home for more than two weeks at a time in my four years of college. Looking back, I have so many sweet memories of those few months. It was such a good time to be home.

I moved home and began my student teaching, which was wonderful. One day my dad & brother asked me if I knew any of the guys that lived across the street. There was a house with 4 acu guys right across the street from my parents. I said I knew of some of them, but didn't know any of them well. They told me that I need to meet one of them. There two big points were that he was an AGGIE (which of course what a big bonus for my brother) and he drove a truck. Which is always a big plus too, right? That also said he was a really nice guy. I wasn't very keen on the idea of my dad & brother setting me up with a guy. Not that I didn't totally trust their opinion. Because in dating, their opinion was of utmost importance to me. It was more the fact that I had just convinced myself that I wasn't meant to find my future husband at acu. And honestly, I was excited about getting away from there and meeting NEW people! I was "over" the whole hype on meeting your future mate in the bubble.

Our First Meeting

One day me & my parents had gotten home from somewhere & David was driving down the street. Dad walked down to the curb to talk to him, so I decided I should go meet this guy I kept hearing SO much about! We met, he was nice, and then him & my dad kept talking. (Probably about hunting, or fishing, or something like that!) I didn't notice or think about it, but I later found out that David had a big dip of snuff in his mouth & he was mortified! Ha! He thought I was be totally grossed out and turned off. And if I would have noticed it, I probably would have been. :) Thankfully, he quit not long after that. I am so glad for that. YUCK!

Keep looking for the next installment of "There's No Love Like SNOW Love"
(yes, very cheesy...i know!)

3 comments:

Chelsie Sargent said...

Keep the stories coming:)!

Mary Kay said...

Yeah! I love hearing your love story! God's hand was ALL over this! :) Mom

JENNY said...

I love your cute title and I'm so excited you are writing your love story!!! I think the beginning of your story is so funny. You two were meant for each other.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers