Saturday, April 26, 2008

Race for the Cure

I participated in the Race for the Cure on Saturday. It was such a neat experience & a lot of fun!
I went with a team from church & enjoyed getting to hang out with some of my church friends. And it was all for a fantastic cause.

Our group before...

Me & my walking buddy, Sandy. We have been enjoy walks together a couple of times a week. I love those days!
Joni, Renee & me during the walk

It was amazing. The streets were packed for as far as you could see in both directions. What a neat experience to see so many thousands of people come together for one cause!

Our group after


After the race I got to go visit my sweet friend Emily. She was in a yucky bicycle accident last week & we are all thankful that she is going to be alright. She gave is a huge scare! You can read part of the story on her mom's blog. I teared up hearing the story from her boyfriend, Clay. It was so incredibly obvious that the Lord was riding with her & was just all over the situation that day. It was good to see you Em!

3 comments:

Mary Kay said...

Let me just say how very proud I am of you! Thank you for walking for such a great cause! I am so happy you and Sandy are walking together...what a fun treat to find a walking partner! Can't wait for the weekend! Yahoo for weekend projects! Mom

JENNY said...

WOW! I am impressed. I would love to walk in that sometime. Miss you!!

Kathi P said...

way to go, ash! i haven't exercised in, oh, 4 months. miss you and love you!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers