Friday, August 10, 2007

Are you ready for some football?

Yesterday afternoon David called VERY excited from work & said, "I have something for us to do tonight...and it is really FUN & FREE!!!" Someone at work gave him 4 FREE tickets to last nights Cowboys game! It was the season opener which he has been talking about & looking forward to for weeks now. So, to say the least he was excited! We invited Wendi & Wade to go with us, and the 4 of us had a blast! I was thinking we would probably be in the nosebleed section, but was still excited. Then, I found out we had great seats! We were in the 1st deck just past the endzone, about 35 rows up. We met up with Wendi & Wade, drove to Irving & got stuck in traffic right by the stadium. I mean, we were at a complete standstill. Not surprising, since the game started at 7:00. The guys were very anxious to see the kick off. Since it was a preseason game they knew the starters would not play long & they were pumped to see their boys Romo & Manning play. So, we told the guys to get out of the car & we would stay in traffic & park the car. Right there in the middle of Loop 12 they got out & made it just in time for kickoff! (Wendi & I finally make it in 3 minutes before halftime!) Ha! Good thing we didn't really care about the game! :) When we finally got to our seats and our guys were so excited for four reasons:

1.) We had allowed them to see kickoff. So we were in their words, "the best wives ever!"


2.) The had already gotten FREE tickets to next weeks game! What? One of the season ticket holders beside where we were sitting was not going to be in town for next Saturday's game...so she gave them her 2 tickets!


3.) They were at a cowboys game, so of course they were excited!

4.) And, obviously they were excited because we were finally there! :)

We had a great evening! Even between trying to find the lost car (We tried, right Wendi?) & the long hike to the stadium...it was a great evening! I will close with some pictures.......



4 comments:

Sarah said...

We are moving the Euless. It will be in the middle of both of our jobs! Love the pictures of the new house.

JENNY said...

oh, how fun!! I'm sad I couldn't join you. You guys are going to have so much fun living close together.

Wendi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelsie Sargent said...

Steve is very jealous right now:)!! How fun, glad you got to do that and will get to go again next week!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers