I am so excited & pleased with how my room turned out this year. I had a blank slate! The room I am in was the ISS room last year, therefore there was pretty much NOTHING in there. It has come a long way in the past 2 weeks. My class is going to be "The City of Snowville." I am especially pumped about the Snowville Post Office! My sweet dad has been my wonderful personal carpenter the past few weeks and made some amazing things for our room. Including a post office (which will be our writing center) and a really cool cubby/shelving system. I am so thankful for such sweet parents who helped me out so much getting my room ready for the year! Here are some pictures of my room for those who have been waiting to see! (I will try to add a few more later...it won't let me add any more pictures for some reason.)
Here is a view from the door. You can see my desk and the cute post office aka the writing center.
I am at a new school, in a new grade & in a new city. I have already been so blessed by my school & the teachers who I am working with. What a wonderful blessing to have my mentor teacher come in before the day started today to say a pray with me before the day began. The atmosphere is completely different from where I am coming from, and I am so excited about the change. I am overwhelmed with all the ways the Lord has blessed me already by giving me this new job. I am excited about teaching 1st grade, and pretty anxious about it too. There are so many big concepts that must be mastered in this grade, and feel a huge responsibility to make sure my students are given all the things they need to grow and learn as they should.

To start off a wonderful day, my amazing husband sweetly woke me with with breakfast in bed! He had gotten up early to cook me breakfast to help me start off a good day. WOW! I am one lucky girl!
Here is my WONDERFUL team! We are already getting along so well.
To start off a wonderful day, my amazing husband sweetly woke me with with breakfast in bed! He had gotten up early to cook me breakfast to help me start off a good day. WOW! I am one lucky girl!
What a great day!


6 comments:
your room looks AWESOME! hooray for a great first day!
Your room looks so cute...those kids are lucky to have you!
Your room is SO cute! I love it! And, David is so sweet to make you breakfast on your first day of school. I was thinking about you today. I can't wait to hear about everything in person this weekend. I am pumped!!!
The room looks great! Can't wait to hear more details. And you're right, you do have great parents! (I don't think I'm biased or anything)
Way to go David! Your room looks wonderful! Good luck with the new year- love and miss you!!
Your room is adorable! I know that you are such a wonderful teacher. Blessings to you as you begin fresh, with new hearts and minds to touch!
Lauren Cunningham
Post a Comment