Mom & I had some projects of our own. Here are some before & after shots of a few things we did.
This was our china hutch in our old house. It was one that was a wedding gift to parents 32 years ago & they gave it to us...
This summer I sanded it, took the doors off & my sweet Dad painted it for us & mom distressed it. Here is me & mom putting fabric on the back. (A fun trick to try...dip your fabric in liquid starch & it will stick to a surface. When you want to take it off it will peel off easily & you can just wash off the surface!)We also put the same fabric on our dining room chairs! The look so much better. Our dining room table was my great-grandmothers! So it helped give it a good makeover!
Here is a chair before...

And after...much better, don't you think?
On another note...
I got to see my new classroom last week. Although there are NO window and hardly any storage...I am SO excited! My principal is wonderful & does some really neat things at the school. I am so thankful that I am going to be at a school where there is positive support & a more encouraging & exciting learning environment. I will hopefully be able to start moving my stuff in at the end of this week or beginning of next.


7 comments:
you are so creative! I love that new china cabinet!! It's beautiful...I really wish I could have seen your house when we were in TX..we'll have to see it the next time we're there...I bet its so cute & creative. Miss you and can't wait to see you soon!
We had so much fun too! Ya'lls house just gets cuter and cuter! It is amazing how different the hutch looks! I love it! The fabric was the perfect idea!
WOW. I am so impressed. The hutch and chairs look amazing. You are so talented, Ash! You put a lot of hard work into your house and it looks so good. Can't wait to see it!
Your house is so cute and absolutely love the hutch!
I LOVE the new house. Even though Steve and I are renting it is nice to have a quite place to call your own! I am VERY excited to see you soon- I hope!!
i love the fabric y'all chose, great work!
and i am so excited to hear more about your new school. don't worry about the window, i feel confident the pros will definitely outweigh the cons at your new school!!!
Ashley, you are going to think I am a weird blog stalker commenting on a super old post...but I saw that someone said how cute your house was so I wondered if there were any pictures of your house that you had posted in the past and I saw this! I am so impressed by the china cabinet makeover, and thought it was cool because my mom and aunts did the same thing with the china cabinet my parents bought themselves when they first got married, and gave it to Todd and I. I think I have a blog post about it last spring sometime! Anyway, your house IS super cute!
Post a Comment