Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tennis!


Last night, David & I decided we would try to take up tennis. We were so excited about our new hobby that we went out to buy new rackets & a can of nice, new, bouncy tennis balls...seeing that we didn't have any of the needed equipment! We found an open court at a local Middle School & began the first game. We have been talking about how we need to get in better shape, and I was just trying to help David get there. I made him run back & forth ALL over that court. Really, it's just that I couldn't really control where the ball would go! Ha! I could hit it (most of the time) but really had no control over it's destination. I am hoping that improves! We had so much fun & are excited about are new sport. I think we are going again tonight. I love summer-time and having time, and energy, to do fun new things! I am hoping this is something we can continue for a long time. And I am really hoping that I get better, actually we both need to get better! Practice makes perfect, right?

3 comments:

Meg Knight said...

How Funny! Zach and I did that exact same thing within the first year of our marriage! I had so much fun. He got so frustrated. For some reason, we don't play anymore...y'all could have used our equipment. It helps when neither of you possess the skill to begin with. Zach has the skill...ask him if you need any pointers.

Amy said...

Hi Ashley! Thanks for the comment on my blog! It sounds like you are doing so well. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

JENNY said...

How fun! I can't wait to play tennis with chris once I get my shoulder fixed...which will hopefully be soon. I'm glad you and David are having so much fun. I miss you tons, Ash!!!!!!!!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers