Thursday, September 19, 2013

Emma's Artist Party

I simply cannot believe my baby girl is FOUR!
These years are just flying by way too fast for my liking.


 
Yesterday I posted some of the party details on my Snowbird Blog,
along with the party pack {if you are interested! :)},
but I will go in to more details on here, for memory sake!
Since Emma was celebrating her 4th year, she got to invite 4 friends & it was perfect to have a small crowd. Especially since there were children painting in my house!



What a fun & colorful party! 
We had so much fun celebrating!
I went with the pink, yellow, green, blue & purple rainbowish color pallet.
I found lots of fun ideas on pinterest, and it just made it!
The ruffled streamers & paper chain backdrop & layered plastic tablecloths were just too fun!


I am semi-obsessed with the rainbow cake in a jar turned out SO good & SO cute.
I am definitely planning on making these again in different colors, they could be fun for so many holidays!

I am continuing the tradition of having a book for my kids birthday party. It goes along with the theme & in the front cover I put their birthday invitation & have all the guests sign the book. I think this is one of my favorite traditions/keepsake things I've started for my kids.
This years book is so cute! A great little story, and cute illustrations.

All the games & activities turned out perfect & so fun!

When the kids arrived I had Model Magic for the kids to play. 
I love this stuff, such a fun {and better!} alternative to play-doh.

Next, they painted canvas'. I cut the kids names out of contact paper using a Cricut. 
I had other shapes cut out for them to choose to put on. Then, they painted their whole canvas, and after they dried, we pulled the stickers off to leave their names & shapes in white. They loved getting to paint & they turned out cute.

We played a fun game called "Blindfold Masterpiece"
The girls LOVED it & laughed so hard! It was like pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey, but they picked a part of the face & had to draw it on blindfolded. Too fun!

Last, we did Sand Art & let them layer the sand in bottles with their names on them.





6 comments:

Lauri Anne said...

Adorable...things like this make me want a girl so bad!!

Kat said...

So cute! Happy Birthday, Emma!

Brittnie said...

Can I please hire you to come plan + decorate all of my girls parties from here on out??? Thanks :)!!

Cannot believe Emma is 4! Make time stop!

Mary Kay said...

I agree, it was a very fun party! Glad we could be there! You did a very lovely job...everything was so cute!

Jessica said...

SO cute! I love it all! You are one talented Momma!

karen said...

this is such a cute and clever party. every single detail was perfect!! you did a great job. emma is so beautiful! happy fourth, emma dear!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers