Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Blogs...

So, I'm a little curious. 

What does blog reading & writing look like for you now? 

It seems that more & more people are letting their blogs go, while others of you are still doing an amazing job of keeping them up. I really want to keep mine up better than I am doing, especially since it is basically the only family scrapbook we have! 

But...
with Google Reader gone {tear.} Bloglovin is doing an okay job, but it's just not the same,
and Instragram being such a fun, fast & easy way to put picture & milestones out there for family & friends to see...
I just am not knowing where that leaves blogging. 

I am not going to totally let it go, 
since it's the main place I keep track of big events & milestones for my kids. 
I really am curious on your thoughts!

Ok...that's all for now. 
I WILL be posting a 4 year old post on Emma AND pictures from her party soon!

5 comments:

JENNY said...

I totally feel you! I have become an awful blogger, but this is our only family scrapbook right now, too. I have no time to make my kids cute photo albums. ha! My goal is to include lots of pictures and a little amount of words in my posts. Short and sweet. Still love reading everyone else's blogs and I definitely LOVE Instagram!

Brittnie said...

I just blog when I can and feel the urge. Sometimes about our little family as a scrapbook so to speak and sometimes on other topics that might come to me. :)

Chelsie Sargent said...

Yep, right there with you about the blog. I have contemplated letting mine go for the last year. It just does not seem as important to me as it once was. And now that Google Reader is gone I really do not keep up with too may blogs. I love Instagram and feel like I am getting my social fix through that right now. One of the main reasons I am keeping my blog is that I have had it for over 8 years! That's a lot of information. All that said, I am not sure where I stand with blogging. For now I am keeping it but I do not update it too much. So there you have it- my thoughts:)

Kim said...

Right there with you!!! Trying to get back to it though. Been bad at it all year! But for me, it's the same thing...the only place I really keep up with the kids and other events of our family! So, I am going to keep it up! And my new goal is 2x a week! Not 5-6x like I have done, but 2-3. ;) If I reach more, then sobeit! ;) Anyhow, for what it's worth...
Love ya girl!

Mary Kay said...

Well you know full well how horrible I have been on keeping mine up but I do want to be better! I love reading blogs, though yes, I read less and less, I love the journaling that occurs that you don't see in Instagram! I hope you decide to keep yours up because yes, it is your scrapbook and you will be so happy you kept it up in the years to come!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers