Wednesday, April 10, 2013

36 weeks

I can't believe we are getting so close to meeting our sweet little Hudson! 
I am feeling like we are pretty much ready for his arrival. There are still some things on the to-do list that I would like to accomplish before he comes, but on the most part, I'm feeling like if he were to decide to make is appearance early {which I think I would be okay with, as long as he is done cooking!}, we are ready for him!

These are some pictures my mom snapped when they were here for Easter. We are not having professional maternity pictures done this go-around, so I was excited to get a few for memory sake!


I feel like I've reached that point of pretty much being uncomfortable most of the time. Yea! ;)

Over the past two weeks I have been having a LOT of contractions, but nothing serious or for-real. 
They can be tricky though, coming every 5 to 10 minutes for a couple of hours.
Sometimes they start up when I've been up & doing & going a lot. 
And other times, start when I am {trying to} sleep. Really no rhyme or reason.
They seemed to have slowed down over the past 3 or 4 days, so WHO KNOWS!!
We were beginning to think there was no way I would make it to our due date {May 8th},
but now I don't' know what to think.


I do know that is the hardest part of all of this for me...
When? How is going to play out? Will my water break? Will it be like with Emma-lots of contractions, but need a little nudge to fully go into labor? What time of day? Will it be a fast or slow labor. Hoping for fast, but slow enough to allow family to arrive in time. Oh, so many questions & what-if's. 
I'm trying really hard to just not think about all of that too much, 
since there are no answers & it's out of my hands!


My energy level is not quite what is was a few weeks ago, 
but I'm still managing to keep up with our VERY sweet & busy Emma-girl. 


He is still very, very active! And strong.
I love every little {and big} kick, roll, hiccup & jump.
Emma likes to put her hand on my belly & pretend that he kicks her so hard that she falls {quite dramatically} to the ground. Oh, silly baby brother! ;)


5 comments:

Chelsie Sargent said...

Beautiful. I can't wait to meet him:)!

erin f. said...

Sweet pictures, I am laughing because I randomly posted my pregnancy pictures from over a YEAR ago today. I will say that my first year with two kiddos has been the best of my life. Hope it is for you too!

laura said...

I LOVE all the pictures of you and Emma! They are so beautiful and sweet. Can't wait to see pictures of your son soon!

Mary Kay said...

What sweet pictures...it was such a joy for me to get to snap them! I love your being diligent to capture all the special moments as motherhood and pregnancy! You are glowing...and I mean that!!! Pregnancy agrees with you!!!

Brittnie said...

Such sweet pictures!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers