Thursday, November 15, 2012

Emma's 1st Knight Camp

Each year, my awesome parents host "Knight Camp" {their last name is Knight & they often times go camping! :)} for all their grandkids that are over the age of two.
So this year was the big year...Emma's first year to participate!

She was so excited!
My mom goes all out...special invitations, matching t-shirts, a fun new theme each year & all kinds of games, activities, books & even food to go along with it! I kinda wish I could go! ;)

Here's just a few pictures I had on my phone from when we dropped her off, but you have to go to my mom's blog to look at her pictures from their time together. 

The whole gang, they were so excited to get the fun started!
 Emma was SO excited about her shirt


 LOVE this!
We told them to turn around & Emma just automatically put her arm around Will's waist. 
She loves her cousins!
 She was also very excited about her new tackle box & was ready to go.

 All so sweetly talking to & listening to Honey. 
I think they were wanting to know what they were going to get to do first.


Knight Camp conveniently started on our 6th Anniversary! Once I dropped Emma off, I drove home & my sweet hubby had a delicious steak dinner coming off the grill & some beautiful red roses waiting on me. We enjoyed a quite evening at home celebrating, it was perfect! 
Unfortunately, Emma got sick on the 2nd day & I had to go pick her up early. We were so bummed, but thankfully she is young enough to not really realize that it wasn't over. We came home & tried to get her back to normal after an ear infection {her 1st} and an upper respiratory infection.
Although, we were a little bummed our child-free days got cut short, I would have it no other way. 
There is nothing a momma wants more is to be with her baby when she is sick.

 Now we have all three passed this junk around {I thankfully managed to skip the ear infection part}, and are hopefully on track to all feeling good for the holidays!

2 comments:

Mary Kay said...

Thank you so much for the sweet post! We were ALL so excited that Emma was able to join in on the fun this year, though we hated she had to go home early, we sure had fun when she was there!!! I love Knight Camp and am so thankful for the support I get from sweet parents! Love you!

JENNY said...

How fun! Your Mom and Dad are amazing. What a cool camp. It looks like the kids had a blast.

I'm so sorry Emma got sick...with an ear and respiratory infection!!! How awful. I bet she felt miserable. I REALLY hope Jude didn't pass on any of his junk to her. So sorry!

Glad you are all feeling well now.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers