Friday, July 6, 2012

Happy 4th of July


Wasn't it weird this holiday in the middle of the week this year? 
We normally are spending a weekend with family, and most definetly missed that.
But we still managed to have a really fun day together here at home!

 Emma was so cute all decked out in her Red, White & Blue

We had a nice, quiet morning at home. David did some yard work & Emma drove her car around.
I also made Pioneer Woman's Grilled Corn Guacamole & Jalapeno Poppers to take to share later in the day.
YUM, you've got to try them both. They were a huge hit & gone in record time!



One of our sweet elders & his wife at church are so sweet to share their pool with us! 
Not only do they open it up every Thursday during the summer for anyone to come over & swim
{and you better believe we take advantage of that!},
but they invited anyone to come over on the 4th for swimming & barbecue. 







We all had a blast!
And I actually took pictures at a church event! Wow! 
I really need to be better about that, since it's such a huge part of our lives!

 After we left the Warner's house, 
we headed over to our BFF's let the kids shoot fireworks off & swim some more.

Sweet Addie & Emma with their smoke bombs. 

 I love my family!!!


Emma L.O.V.E.D. the sparklers! I bet she did at least 10, one after another! 
And she had NO fear. Awesome, but scary! Ha!





After another swim, some grilled corn {yum!}, and a quick bath we headed home. 
Emma did not have a nap & was not in bed till about 10:30. She was worn out, but had so much fun all day!

It was a 4th to remember!

3 comments:

Mary Kay said...

Love that cute hippie girl hanging out with Emma! You look so cute. Course Emma looked like a doll in her little red, white and blue skirt! Love it. That is crazy that she would hold those sparklers! She has no fear!!!! We sure did miss you guys at the parade and meal...maybe all the Snows can come next year!

emily said...

check you out, you glam pocahontas, you!! LOVE all these fun pics-- my little EMMA. So precious!! Emmett would have been in heaven w/a day like that- swimming TWICE?!?!?! Hmmmmm.... when might that happen?!?!? ;) Love you girlies!! E is so so so precious!!!

*I saw this thing on pinterest that said multiple exclamation points are the written equivalent of jazz hands-- so just imagine me jazzing it up, yo!!

Kim said...

I am just a tad behind...sorry. :( I just hardly ever get on the computer anymore because we have been gone so much or have been so busy with life in general! I have missed your blogs!

Emma is getting so big...I know I just saw y'all a few weeks ago, but goodness. What a doll! Love her little outfit. And the picture of y'all in the grass with the sparkler is so good! Pretty momma and daughter. :)

Miss you and hope y'all are well. Look forward to seeing you soon I hope! Let me know when y'all come in town and we can get the girls together to play!

Love you.

PS. It's 2am and now I want roasted corn! Not even kidding. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers