Monday, March 12, 2012

Emma Grace: 2 1/2

 It seems impossible that we have a 2 & 1/2 year old! 
We think we have the most beautiful, sweet, precious & smart little two & a half year old girl there is! 
And we are not partial at all. ;)


Emma is growing & changing every day. We LOVE this stage {as we really have every stage} and are constantly laughing or in awe of something she says or does. 


She is BUSY! Moving & going constantly. Unless the TV is on & you have to do flips to get her attention. And even that sometimes doesn't work. ha! 
She is also a little chatter box. Not so much around those she doesn't know very well, but at home & around family and friends. The sweet girl loves to talk, sing, read & be silly. Saying "silly words" is a new favorite, especially when she knows it will make mommy & daddy laugh. 


She LOVES animals, and much to our dismay, seems especially fond of cats. We are not cat people, but do love our little kitty cat {she pretends to be a kitty cat may times a day}. 
She is very good at pretending, and loves to pretend to play like she is a character in a cartoon {particularly mickey mouse clubhouse or busytown}, and loves to play drive-though and say "What you want, Emma? Food!"


She also loves to dance, and is quite the expert at the Hot Dog Dance. I really need to post a video, it's too funny! She doesn't sing songs by herself often, but loves to listen to music & for us to sing songs for her.  She does know all the words to a lot of songs & will sing words if we pause and wait for her to.
Currently, her favorite toy is probably her jump rope. She plays with it a LOT every day. She also loves to do anything art related. Color, stickers, glue, chalk, paint, play dough, etc. 
She takes after her mama in that way! :)


Her color of choice is most often blue, and is obsessed with her new "bue shoes" that I found at a children's resale event for $4. She wants to wear them all day, every day!! 
She loves to learn & loves to read. She knows all her letters & sounds, can count to at least 15, knows all her shapes {even hexagon!} & colors. She constantly amazes us at how she picks out shapes and letters in the environment.
I think the girl would live outside if she could. She loves to play outside & can entertain herself for such a long time with grass & sticks. And she is not afraid one little bit to get dirty, or play with a bug or worm.


She is still a very picky eater. Some days go better than others, but she definitely tries to drive her mommy & daddy nuts with her crazy eating. It's an exciting day if she eats any meat. Most other things she will eat, but might eat it great one day & won't have anything to do with it for the next week.
She only weights around 27 pounds, and I feel like has had a little growth spurt recently. She seems so much taller to me now, but I haven't measured her. 
She still has the most beautiful curls, and her hair is getting long enough that we can do more with it. She looks so big & grown up when she has pig tails or pig tail french braids, and is actually really good about letting me do her hair. She never even fusses when I try to get her crazy tangles out! 

Oh, I could just go on & on & on! She is such a precious girl & we have so much fun spending our days together. I love getting sweet hugs & kisses from her throughout the day. She has been very much a daddy's girl lately, which just warms my heart too. It brings me so much joy watching my two loves be little buddies. We are incredibly thankful for our Emma girl & are so blessed to get to be her parents!
 We love you Emma Grace!!

6 comments:

JENNY said...

Emma is such a cute, little, curly-headed, sweet, and obedient GIRL! I love her and cannot believe she is already 2 1/2. (Her yellow shirt is super cute!)

Mary Kay said...

And she looks amazing in yellow! Love the shirt on her! And of course I love those curls! What sweet pictures...I NEED some! :) She is such a joy...in all ways and her Bud and Honey love her bunches!!!

Chelsie Sargent said...

LOVE her curls!!

emily said...

beautiful beautiful little Emma!!!! I want to hug her!!! Tell that little kitty cat that I AM a cat lover ;) She's too big!! We need to see you! Love you 3!!

Kim said...

I LOVE this post...and I have to say, I could almost copy and paste the entire thing into our blog for JK. :) It is AMAZING to me how similar they are...in what they know, how they pretend to play (JK is always a puppy though), and the fact that she doesn't eat much meat either. :) JK knows all her letters, sounds, shapes, colors, etc. Not as many curls here though!! :) Love you friend. Let's get these girls together soon!

Kim said...

Oh, and LOVE the pictures!! Did you take them? I assume you did...so good job!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers