I don't know that I've ever thought of July 4th as one of my favorite holidays, but I might have to reconsider. There is something about the sense of patriotism & community that you feel that I just love.
On Saturday night we had our big celebration & cook out. All the food was so yummy & looked so pretty {that will be another post!}. We enjoyed eating and visiting & the kids had more fun playing on the air water slide.
Emma's nature is to be cautious about new things. Except with animals...she doesn't seem to have any fear there. I didn't think she would even think about going down the water slide. But she LOVED it! As soon as we would put her up on the top {getting quite wet ourselves} she was say BYE!!, wave, get on her belly & head down. It was so funny. As soon as she reached the bottom, she would either say "plash!" {splash} or "ah-in" {again}.
As much as she LOVED the water slide on Saturday, she wanted NOTHING to do with it the next day.
She also wanted NOTHING to do with a balloon on Sunday, but LOVED it on Monday.
Me, oh my. This girls yes means yes, and no means no! She knows what she wants. As strong-willed as she can be, she is pretty much ALWAYS sweet & polite about it. I love my girl!
Each time I have participated in the Hillcrest Neighborhood Parade I am in a way overwhelmed with the strong sense of community I mentioned earlier. Sadly, it is such a rare thing to see a group of neighbors come together like that. I love it!



2 comments:
I am with you girl, I love the 4th of July holiday. We are so blessed to be able to celebrate a free country! We were so blessed to have everyone here...I think I sense another big time tradition! Yes, please do post about the food and all the cuteness you added to the table with all your labeling! So fun and it made it so much more festive and special! Thanks again! I love the picture of us reading Yankee Doodle! That book is adorable!!
SOOOO sweet! I love it. And I wish I lived over in that little neighborhood, just so we could participate! I have always thought that was the neatest thing! Love all the pictures. Your family is truly so so so wonderful. You are blessed indeed.
Post a Comment