Santa visited our house a week early this year. We were in East Texas with David's family on Christmas, so we made sure Santa knew he needed to make an early stop at our house!
Christmas Eve
Friday night our "Christmas Eve" started when David got home from work. We had lots of holiday snacky foods for dinner, then let Emma open her Christmas Eve gift. It's a big tradition in my family to have a Christmas Eve hunt. This year Emma didn't have to hunt for her gift, but I know next year she will be tromping all over the house to find it!
David & I want to start a new tradition in our family & always tell or read the story of the birth of Jesus on Christmas Eve. So when I found out that there was a Little People nativity scene, I knew that was the perfect gift for Emma to start our new Christmas Eve tradition.
Before bedtime we sat on the couch and read The Night Before Christmas. I LOVE how much my sweet girl LOVES to read!
Then it was off to bed so Santa could come!
Christmas Morning
When Emma woke up on Saturday we pretended like it was Christmas morning. She was excited to come into the living room and see an brand new beautiful baby & stroller waiting for her!
{I'll see if I can post the video later...her reaction was so fun!}
{I discovered a new brand of baby doll this year for Emma & I am in love! :)
Corolle babies are so sweet, have so many fun accessories, and SMELL wonderful!! I can't help but get a sniff each time Emma is playing with her. I would highly recommend the brand to you mommies out there looking for the perfect baby for YOUR baby! :)
And for you Mansfield readers...there is a wonderful new toy store in town that carries a great selection for Corolle babies & other wonderful toys!}
Stocking Time
Santa had also filled Emma's stocking with lots of goodies!
I loved that she would stop and enjoy each thing she pulled out...so sweet! Girls are so fun!! :)
She had to stop to read her new book......try on her new shoes.....and model her new bows!
Christmas Ornament
Another tradition in my family is getting a new ornament each year.
Last year Emma got this cute bird, and this year we added a pink & green cupcake to remind us of her pink & green 1st birthday party!
On Saturday evening we went out for dinner & were planning on visiting Prairie Lights at Joe Pool Lake. But when we saw the line of cars stretching for miles, and knew we had a somewhat fussy & tired baby trying to cut three molars in the backseat...we decided that looking at some neighborhood lights would suffice.
We had such a fun weekend of celebrating & loved taking in the holidays through Emma's eyes!




3 comments:
So fun!!!
Oh yeah! I have been anxiously awaiting the pictures and yes, I so hope you can post the video! I loved seeing her with all her little goodies! It warms my heart that you two are carrying on family traditions and also starting some new ones!! Aren't building traditions for your family so much fun!!!
I LOVE it! And thanks for the tip...ordered JK a Corelle babydoll last night, the same one as you, actually, and I didn't even realize it until I came back to your blog and thought, "Wonder which one Ashley got?" Haha! Woohoo for more baby dolls for our babies! :) Love you! So glad yall are doing so well and had a great little Christmas together!
Post a Comment