Wednesday, October 6, 2010

29 before 29

In honor of the day {my birthday!!} I thought I would jump on the bandwagon & post my list of things to do in the next year. It was a little harder than I thought to come up with my list, and I'm sure I will later think of things I should have put, or should not have put! I thought of many things I could add that started with "get better at..." or "be a better..." but I decide to keep my list to things I could measure or have an end result to. I'm sure I could come up with another list of 29+ things I need to improve on...but I'll spare you that one! :)
I will do my best to keep you updated on how I'm doing!


8 comments:

Cassie said...

Love your list! And you most definitley HAVE to host a swap party!! It was so much fun! We've talked about doing a holiday decor swap...or even craft closet swap!! I need to be invited if you do that one :)

I can't wait to see how your year goes!

kristin fulghum said...

i love these! it's not my birthday, but i may have to do it anyways.

Kim said...

Loving that list of yours, girly! Is it bad though that I am 32, and have had a list like that for the past 3-4 years or so, and SO much of it is STILL not done!? Ha! I do have 3 kids now, so that has to count for something, but seriously!? Where does the time go? I'd love 48 hours in a day, cause I could sure fill them up and get LOTS of my to-do list items checked off! :) Hope your day was fantastic today! Love ya!

annalee said...

happy birthday beautiful ashley!
have i really known wonderful you for more than 20 years now?! love your list!

Lauren said...

I love your list! I've always wanted to take a cake decorating class, too. I'd just bet that like everything else, you will do wonderfully! I also love sending snail mail.

Pam said...

Dear Ashley Jo,
Enjoy your year, so fun to read about your plans for it ! Just remember your most beautiful work is being the sweet wife and mommie that you do daily.
God bless you. Love Pam

Mary Kay said...

Just let me know if you need a sitter so you can accomplish any of these 29 things, which by the way are a such fun things to do this year!!! I am with Pam, number one is having fun being a great wife and mother!

Miss G said...

Ashley, I have hosted one swap party, a beauty product swap party (actually did one of these with emily and a couple other girls a long time ago too) and it was really fun. I am contemplating hosting a "home decor swap" soon. I need to get rid of inventory from the booth I did last year with vintage/upcycled items.

Adrian and I love local restaurants so if you need any suggestions let me know. Also, if you guys go someplace great, we'd love to know!

I am not typically a "workbook" Bible study type girl but one I've really been enjoying is The Frazzled Female by Cindi Wood.

As far as sending snail mail, I just read about the Penpal Project today and it got me all excited about sending postcards. http://livingtheswelllife.blogspot.com/2010/09/giveaway-penpal-project.html

Have you been to the Christmas Tree Shops by Buy Buy Baby near the Galleria? Cheap cute pillows!

And finally, I am on a BIG getting rid of kick too. It's very freeing!

It was really fun to read your list! Happy belated birthday! Kelly

p.s. my word verification is truck. Love when it spells out a real word. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers