Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Fun!

Last week Emma & I got to enjoy some summertime fun in Abilene. We missed David & are so thankful for a sweet husband & daddy who is okay with us being gone for a few days!

We arrived on Monday & got to join in the fun for Clay's {my middle nephew} 4th birthday party!
Look at these three cute little monkeys on the water slide! They were too cute in their matching swimsuits!

Emma watched all the fun & craziness from the comfort of the baby pool! She & her friend Jolee Kate enjoyed their own little swim party! {More pics of that in the next post!}
After the party we gave dad his Father's Day gift...the Ice cream maker attachment for their kitchenaid.
The next few days we spent hanging out with Bud & Honey. Emma LOVED having all the attention!

We went for a few swims in the baby pool, and Emma even got to take her bath out there one night!


On Wednesday, mom's sweet friend Karen let us come over & enjoy their wonderful pool. We took lunch, ate & enjoyed an afternoon in the water!
Here is mom, Karen, Owen, Clay & Will. The boys loved having them push them all around the pool!

Emma loves hanging out in her tube...

...but this was her favorite! She was so funny doing everything she could to climb up on the raft to lay down. I have to say I don't blame her! :)

She also loved giving her cousins wet slobbery kisses! Will was so sweet to let her kiss him, but then he saw some sunscreen on her nose and with the cutest face announced "Ewwww! She has boogies!!!"

We had such a fun week hanging out with family!! There is just nothing better...except coming home, of course!! :)

6 comments:

JENNY said...

Oh, how fun! I can't wait for Jude to try out a real pool. I think he'll love it just like Emma does. Can't wait to see you soon!

Mary Kay said...

Oh no, you broke the cardinal rule...no pictures of Honey in swimming suits allowed!!! :) It was so fun hanging out with you...can't wait to see you again! I loved being with my girls!!!

Lauren said...

Emma is so precious! I loved her swimsuit at Clay's birthday party.

Jamie said...

I love the picture of her lounging on that float! I'm alread learning to LOVE the pool this summer, and I can't only imagine I'll love it more as the summer progresses! See you in a week (and a 1/2!)

karen said...

i'm so glad y'all got to come swim! it was such fun to see everyone, and i especially loved seeing little miss emma in person! what a happy girl! hope we can do some more summer fun this year.

Kim W. said...

Love all the pool pictures! Glad yall enjoyed your time in Abilene again; we sure were glad to see yalll again! Can't wait to hopefully have yall here PERMANENTLY soon! That'd be GREAT! :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers