Thursday, June 10, 2010

9 Months


Emma Grace-
Another month has gone by, and for some reason 9 months doesn't seem like a "baby" anymore. You are growing so fast & I know before we know it we will be having your first birthday party. Your Auntie Em said something today that made it seem even more BIG, you have been here longer than you were in my belly! That is crazy, because it seem like just yesterday that your daddy & I were so excited to find out we were going to have you! You are such a joy & a blessing! We go for your 9 month check up tomorrow, so I'll post your weight then, but here are a few things you are doing these days:


*You are wearing mostly 12 month clothes, however some of them are even getting to small! You have some serious rolls & chunks that we LOVE!
*You nurse 4-5 times a day & eat baby food & some table foods for breakfast, lunch & dinner.
*You take 2 naps a day {sometimes 3}. You really think that no matter how long or when those two naps are, you are done with napping for the day. If I try to put you down for a third, you will lay in your bed for a LONG time & talk, play, fuss & cry. In fact, you are doing just that at the moment. :)
*You have learned the sign for more. You sometimes use it correctly, but sometimes you use it for everything: more, all done, eat, please, bye bye. You are still learning! :)
*You usually move your hand by your side to wave bye bye. I can tell you are really thinking about it.
*You are SO CLOSE to crawling. Right now you just go backwards. :)
*You dance when you hear music. You rock back & forth...it's too cute!
*You shake your head no, and copy us when we move our head side to side.
*You still love books & to be read to. You can turn the pages so well. Even if I say "turn the page," you know what to do.
*You are really good at giving your daddy BIG hugs & your mommy BIG kisses! And of course, we love it!
*You are such a happy baby, and hardly ever fuss or cry. We know if you do something is really wrong.

We love you more than you will ever know, Miss Emma Grace! We are so thankful to be your mommy & daddy. It's so fun to watch you grow & learn new things.
-Mom & Dad

4 comments:

kristin fulghum said...

yea! 9 months. she is so cute. i love those rolls! it's so nice to see what other babies do especially ones that are a little ahead of leighton. thanks!

Lauren said...

Emma Grace is just too cute for words Ashley! I can't believe she'll be one in just a few short months. :)

Mary Kay said...

I can't believe we started this fun journey with Emma 9 months ago today! How time flies when you are having fun!!! She is growing and changing and these days are so sweet! Can't wait to see you guys and who knows, Emma may have started crawling the right direction instead of reverse! :) Love you. Give those little arm chunks some sugar from Honey!

JENNY said...

I can't believe she is 9 months old already!!! I love her so much.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers