Sunday, May 16, 2010

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents." — Emilie Buchwald

I have a little girl who loves books & loves to read. Of course, that makes me very happy! She will sit in my lap, listen & turn each & every page.

We spend lots of sweet moments reading just like this...


Sometimes she reads with her daddy...
And sometimes her feet somehow end up resting on his head...
And sometimes I will find her reading all by herself.
The girl loves books, often times it is the toy of choice, and it's the thing that keeps her most occupied during church!

4 comments:

emily said...

I love this post!!! Emma & Emmett have much in common--he's just a little behind! LOL that we have that same shirt-- did you buy it b/c of nursing convenience?!?! :) AND tell your hubby I read to Emmett the same way he does & have dropped two books right on his face!! I have stopped, b/c I was afraid I might have given him a black eye after the last drop... Don't turn me in!!! Have fun at your mom's!!!

Lauren said...

I think it is so sweet that she loves to read! I too love books. You and David are doing such a great job nurturing and teaching your little princess. Precious memories are in the making for sure.

Kim W. said...

Jake loves to read, but Jack...not so much. He has to turn all the pages, fast as he can! However, with Miss JK, who knows! I have started reading to her more recently, and sure do hope she enjoys it! Precious pictures, by the way. It is so neat that you come out from behind the camera! I need to do that more often! My kids might wonder where their momma was all these years! ;) Ha!

Mary Kay said...

What a wonderful gift you are giving Emma by teaching her to love books and reading! I admit it is one of my favorite things to do with all my grands!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers