Monday, May 10, 2010

8 Months

Once again, I'm amazed that another month has passed so quickly.
There are so many moments each day that this overwhelming love comes over me and stops me in my tracks. This sweet girl that we have been given in such a joy! I cannot even begin to wrap my mind around not only how much our God loves us to give us such a gift, but that He was able to give HIS Son for US. I don't think I had any idea of the magnitude of that sacrifice {and to some extent, still don't!} until I was a mother.

All that to say-we are BEYOND thankful for you, Emma Grace, and you will never know how much we love you!

Here you are today, looking oh-so-cute!And here's just a few things you are doing these day.

*Size 3 diapers
*6-12 month clothes
*Smiling, laughing, and talking constantly. {And the last few weeks, you've decided fussing should be in there too, we are hoping it's just a phase & that you like this new sound you can make}
*You are still doing good in the sleep department. You take good naps, and sleep 8-11 hours at night. I feel like this past month our schedule & naps are more unpredictable. I know you are just growing & changing & therefor naps & eating changes too!
*You've tried lots of new foods this month, and have loved them all! There really hasn't been anything you haven't liked. I think your favorite is squash.
*You are not crawling yet, but I have the feeling it is coming soon!
*I have noticed you starting to try to get peoples attention when they are not looking at you.

I didn't know it was possible to love you more than I already do, but each day I love you & more Emma Grace!

3 comments:

emily said...

This little Emma is too sweet for words!!! She is so big!! Holding her own 8 months sign & everything!! I love all the pics & I'm with you, Ash, NO WAY has it been 8 mos!!!! I'm wishing we were there to go check out Dallas w/you-- we certainly never did that when we lived there! Enjoy it double for us!! love you!

JENNY said...

She is so cute! I can't believe she's already 8 months old!

Kim W. said...

I mean she is a DOLL!!! What a precious little girl you have! Loving her double ruffle bow, by the way. It is one of our faves at our house, no doubt!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers