We had lots of good family time this past weekend.
Emma has three very fun & cute little cousins who she loved getting to watch & play with in Abilene. There are also two very sweet grandparents who enjoyed lots of snuggles, loves & laughs from Miss Emma Grace.
Here are just a few pictures from the weekend
{I only took about 250...yikes!}
Emma has three very fun & cute little cousins who she loved getting to watch & play with in Abilene. There are also two very sweet grandparents who enjoyed lots of snuggles, loves & laughs from Miss Emma Grace.
Here are just a few pictures from the weekend
{I only took about 250...yikes!}
Cousin Will wanted to hold Emma. But quickly said "Oh! So heavy!"
Emma got to swing in Bud & Honey's swing for the first time! She loved it!
This girl LOVES being outside! She would smile so sweetly & look around taking it all in.
I'm thinking a swing for our yard is a must!
We were going to get some BBQ for lunch, so Emma just HAD to wear her cowgirl boots! She looks pretty cute, and I think she knew it! :)
My grandparents used to live in a house in Abilene that had a large open field beside it. My grandmother planted bluebonnets & always took such good care of them & was always so proud the years they would turn out to be so pretty. I remember many times as a child taking pictures in those bluebonnets & thinking they were so pretty!
I have been wanting to get some pictures of Emma in the bluebonnets this year, and this field was the perfect place. I wish so badly that Emma could know my Nanny, so these pictures have a lot of meaning for me.
I know she was smiling down on those four great-grands in her bluebonnets on Saturday!
I have been wanting to get some pictures of Emma in the bluebonnets this year, and this field was the perfect place. I wish so badly that Emma could know my Nanny, so these pictures have a lot of meaning for me.
I know she was smiling down on those four great-grands in her bluebonnets on Saturday!
And last, but not least...
A big reason we were in Abilene for the weekend is for David & my dad to get some turkey hunting in.
They had good luck, as you can see!This is David with his little friend!


6 comments:
I have a feeling that Nanny is strutting around Heaven with a huge smile on her face! I wish SO much she could have known not only David but also these four adorable grandkids. She would be so very proud of you and Zach and the families you two are raising in the Lord! Yes, going to Mom's bluebonnet field was precious and one of those memories I will store in my heart! We loved having ya'll here! Emma is so sweet!
Oh, what a fun weekend. I love the bluebonnet pictures. How special and what a great memory.
That is a HUGE turkey! Way to go, David.
Looks like such a fun weekend full of Knight togetherness! Love the picutes in the bluebonnets, too! I have to say, the boots are just too cute. She is just too cute for words, friend! Can't believe she's already 7 months! :)
Oh Ash. That pic of you & Emma & your mom is JUST PRECIOUS. I might have to print myself one :) Such sweet times! I'm jealous! You are so wise to go to Abilene so often.
Those bluebonnets! Your sweet grandmother... your mom's comment brought tears to my eyes!! What awaits us in heaven is such treasure on so many levels. I hope we're neighbors in heaven!!
love you! & you just made my day, too!!
love this post! sad we missed ya while you were here. also, where do you get or do you make the crochet looking flower accessories Emma wears? I love those but haven't been able to find them here or Houston. Let me know please, Ava needs some! Miss you.
Emma is always dressed so adorably!! You do such a great job picking out cute little outfits for her!
Huge turkey!
Post a Comment