This past Saturday morning, we loaded up & headed east for a weekend with David's family. It was a cold & very rainy morning. We had just gone through Kaufman when we passed a mustang on the side of the road that was smoking really badly. There was a man a little ways in front of the car holding a computer bag, on his phone, and looking pretty desperate. We pulled over & offered him a dry place to sit, as it was obvious he was on the phone with 911. He said that he was just driving along, started smelling something strange, looked in his rear view mirror & saw flames! We had to drive up a ways to find a mile marker & then turn back around and by the time we got back his whole car was completely engulfed in flames! It took a little while for the fire department to arrive, but then they had it out in a matter of minutes, leaving a burn crisp of a mustang! We felt so bad for him, but were amazed at his amazing attitude about the whole situation. I don't think I heard him complain or gripe once! He was headed home to Tyler after a business trip, so we gave him a ride since it was on our way. {and the Sheriff told us he had a clean record & NO red flags!}
Here's the before and after. It was raining pretty hard the whole time & we tried to keep a little distance from the flames, so we couldn't get great pictures, but you can get the idea.
Here's the before and after. It was raining pretty hard the whole time & we tried to keep a little distance from the flames, so we couldn't get great pictures, but you can get the idea.
{on the left you can kinda see the car engulfed in flames & the aftermath on the right}Once that crazy adventure was over, we enjoyed a quite & relaxing weekend at Happy & Grumps' house!
I didn't get too many pictures, but here is a cute one of my girl taking a bath over the weekend!


5 comments:
Oh, I'm so glad that man is OK and that you and David were such wonderful heaven-sent ministers of God's love to him and his situation!! I'm so blessed by your precious hearts. Love the sweet picture of Miss Priss livin' it up in the sink! :) Love you, Ash!
Emma- Come to Honey's house and take a bath in her sink! :) I am so glad you came across that poor man, you were in the right place at the right time! Good for you guys helping him out!!
Ash- I was thinking about you so much yesterday! I have decided that next time you come visit your parents I need to steal like 30 minutes to an hour of their time:) I know that is asking alot when we don't see our families alot, but it is TIME! Love you!
Wow! Crazy story. Love that picture of Emma.
poor guy! that is just craziness. Glad y'all were able to help him. Kelly
Post a Comment