Wednesday, March 10, 2010

6 MONTHS

Happy 1/2 Birthday, Emma Grace!
Seriously, can time go by any faster? I think I am in complete denial that she is really 6 months old today. It seems impossible!

{We go on Friday for her 6 month well check, so I will post her stats then.}

{I couldn't resist putting her in her new bubble suit today for her pictures. Look at those rolls! I'm so excited for spring & summer clothes!}

Emma,
You bring such incredible JOY to us each day. It is such a privilege to be your mommy! I love watching you grow & change. It seems like you are learning something new each day, I love it! You are such a sweet baby & we are starting to see more & more of your precious little personality come out. We love you so much!
Here are a few things you are doing these days:

*You are wearing size 6-9/6-12 month clothes.
*You can wear size 2 or 2-3 diapers.
*You are sleeping 8-10 hours at night.
*You take 3 naps a day. Normally, 2 of them are around 2 hours, and the other is anywhere from 30 minutes-1 hour.
*Your "fussy time" in the evenings is pretty much gone now! Sometimes it can go one way or the other pretty easily. You might be laughing one minute, and crying the next. But we are having more happy evenings! Yeah!
*You are getting better & better at sitting up. The longest you have gone without any support, or falling is about 20 seconds. :)
*You are still rolling from front to back, and are SO close to getting the back to front roll down.
*You are starting to make all kinds of new noises & sounds & seem to love hearing yourself "talk".
*You still love bath time.
*You LOVE your baby food! This month you have tried squash, sweet potatoes, peas, and prunes. You have also decided that maybe you do like cereal after all!
*Your favorite toy is your Raggedy Ann doll. I think you would be happy staring & feeling of her face all day long!
*You love playing on your activity mat & in your exersaucer.
*You love to be read to.
*Your hair has really started growing this month! I am amazed at how fast it seems to be growing. It is so soft & sticks straight up!
*You still LOVE to chew/suck on your fingers. You are not attached to any certain one, but just love having your hands in your mouth.

Here's a few more pictures of my happy girl!


7 comments:

JENNY said...

Oh my goodness! Look how cute she is!! I love the pictures and that adorable little outfit. Happy 1/2 birthday, Miss Emma! We love you.

Mary Kay said...

We love you Miss Emma Grace! Happy 1/2 birthday! Your Honey and Bud sure love kissing on all those little rolls! Your smile warms our heart!!!

kristin fulghum said...

adorable!

Lauren said...

Emma Grace, you are getting cuter and cuter with every passing day!! I LOVE your adorable little smile and those beautiful blue eyes. You are already such a blessing in so many lives.

Kim W. said...

Ashley, she is ADORABLE. Oh my! Precious! I, too, love those rolls! Hope yall are great! And am hoping to get to meet yalls sweet baby girl soon...surely summer time, maybe!?

annalee said...

oh baby girl, that bow is adorable! then again so are you! happy 1/2 bday!

emily said...

these pics are too cute for words!!! I want you to come move in w/me so that little Emmett can be as expertly documented!! (& if you would like to work your magic on an 8-10 sleep stretch for us, I would not mind that one bit) Your little lady is beautiful & so sweet-- I can't wait to see her in person again!! xoxoxo-em

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers