Be Mine Banner
A year or two ago my mom, Meg {sister-in-law} & I made these cute Valentines banners. They were so fun & easy to make! We just got black felt, & cute fat quarters {or scraps we had} in all different red & pink prints. We cut them in the triangles, put the letters on {mom cut them out of black fabric using a die cut machine at church} and sewed the ribbon across the top. A very cute & easy {and adorable} little craft! And a fun one for any holiday, or celebration!
Homemade Valentines Cards
I always love getting crafty for this holiday! Each year I make homemade valentine cards for my family. It's so fun to see what new & creative ideas I can come up with & it's so fun to use all kinds of different papers, ribbons, buttons, fabric, markers, stickers, pictures, etc, etc, etc!
Unfortunately I don't think I have a pictures of any of my creations.
Decorating with Candy
{This was a pictures from last year}
I love using Valentines candy to decorate with. There are so many pretty pink & red candies out this time of year. It just adds such a fun little splash of colors to put some in the bottom of a vase or dish with a candle or some pretty flowers.
I usually put the candies in zip lock bags at the end of the holiday & use them again next year, since I'm not eating them it doesn't matter if they are old!
Valentine Chair Backers
Mom & I found this cute idea this week. I have decided I want to make one of these for Emma. I am actually thinking that it could be so cute to make them for all different holidays & seasons. How fun would it be to have a special place to always put her valentine treats, cards & mail. And I'm sure it would be so fun for her to check it each year on Valentine's Day morning to see what cupid brought! :)
There is a great tutorial, or you can buy this pattern for Heather Bailey's bag.
I do have a VERY yummy & all time favorite Valentine's recipe. My mom makes the most delicious Red Velvet Cake & is posting it on her blog! You should go check it out...it's YUM!
Add your link, I always love hearing new ideas!

Homemade Valentines Cards
I always love getting crafty for this holiday! Each year I make homemade valentine cards for my family. It's so fun to see what new & creative ideas I can come up with & it's so fun to use all kinds of different papers, ribbons, buttons, fabric, markers, stickers, pictures, etc, etc, etc!
Unfortunately I don't think I have a pictures of any of my creations.
Decorating with Candy
I love using Valentines candy to decorate with. There are so many pretty pink & red candies out this time of year. It just adds such a fun little splash of colors to put some in the bottom of a vase or dish with a candle or some pretty flowers.
I usually put the candies in zip lock bags at the end of the holiday & use them again next year, since I'm not eating them it doesn't matter if they are old!
Valentine Chair Backers
Mom & I found this cute idea this week. I have decided I want to make one of these for Emma. I am actually thinking that it could be so cute to make them for all different holidays & seasons. How fun would it be to have a special place to always put her valentine treats, cards & mail. And I'm sure it would be so fun for her to check it each year on Valentine's Day morning to see what cupid brought! :)
There is a great tutorial, or you can buy this pattern for Heather Bailey's bag.
I do have a VERY yummy & all time favorite Valentine's recipe. My mom makes the most delicious Red Velvet Cake & is posting it on her blog! You should go check it out...it's YUM!
Add your link, I always love hearing new ideas!



4 comments:
LOVE the chair backers. I'm thinking about attempting these tomorrow...we'll see:) My favorite things this week is Valentine's, too--so I'll be linking up as soon as I get it finished:)
After reading your blog, here's what I need:
1) A piece of your mom's red velvet cake.
2) You to come over to my apartment and help me decorate.
3) You to make me one of those adorable Valentine's banners.
Are you okay with this?
Your craftiness is so inspiring! I've seen so many of these cute banners lately ... I'm going to make it a goal to get one made for each holiday )it just may take a few YEARS:) ). I LOVE yours! Thank you for posting the how-to!!
I love how you decorate with candy!! It is especially cute at Valentines! I love my banner too...because it reminds me of a fun craft night with you!
Post a Comment