When I see this ornament I always think of Christmas with my family as a kid. My brother, Zach, and I both had this same ornament with our names on it. They always were hung with our stockings. I makes me feel old to see the date & realize that was 20 years ago! Wow, in so many ways it seem like just the other day!
My mom has a funny story about them too. She said that when she bought them you could pay a little extra to have them personalized. The ones on display had beautiful writing, so she decided to have our names put on them. When she picked them up she was very disappointed at the quality of work! ;) If you know my mom, she has really neat & pretty handwriting & always makes things look so nice, she she could have done a much better job!
My mom has a funny story about them too. She said that when she bought them you could pay a little extra to have them personalized. The ones on display had beautiful writing, so she decided to have our names put on them. When she picked them up she was very disappointed at the quality of work! ;) If you know my mom, she has really neat & pretty handwriting & always makes things look so nice, she she could have done a much better job!


2 comments:
20 years! Can that be possible!?!?! Oh my. I have so many fond memories of that little ornament too! And yes, I admit, I was a little hacked when I saw the handwriting especially after the one that was displayed had adorable writing! If I was buying that now, I would ask my daughter to write on them! :)
I was at ACU my freshman year 03, and then transferred to SMU -- thanks for your sweet message!
Post a Comment