Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 10


I love this little retro santa. I am laughing that I have been using words like retro & vintage to describe things from MY childhood.

Does that make ME vintage?? ;)

Growing up every year we spent a lot of time with my mom's side of the family. We would spend Christmas Eve evening together, then often times meet back up for a yummy Christmas day lunch or dinner. Whenever we had our big meal together the table would always be beautifully set, complete with a new ornament at everyone's place. Sometimes they would all be the same, and other times there would be three or four that went together & everyone would get a different one. It was always fun each year to see what ornaments Nanny had picked out for us.
My mom has so sweetly carried on this tradition at the family gatherings, and I have even been able to help in selecting the ornaments a time or two. The are almost always bought on the day after Christmas shopping trip, therefore making it pretty cost effective, no matter how big your family is! I think it is such a neat thing to do & adds something special to the table setting as well.

5 comments:

Mary Kay said...

Love your blogs each day! This little Santa was one of my favorite too! And, I would be honored once again if you helped me look for next years ornaments! With our growing family, it is very helpful to find these little treats after Christmas!

JENNY said...

I love that idea and ornament!!

Iva Messy said...

this is such a fun countdown!! ;)

Sarah said...

I so have that Santa. I wonder if we have any other matching "vintage" ornaments.

emily said...

LOL @ your "vintage" & "retro" adjectives-- try being in your "late" 30's !! AND PREGNANT ;) Keep up the good posts, grandma!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers