Friday, July 3, 2009

Favorite Things Friday & Emma's room

How has another week already come & gone? Time flies when you are having fun I guess!! Mom sweet mom has been here all week & we had so much fun shopping & working on Emma's Nursery. It is not finished, but is coming together more & more. Here are a few little sneak peaks at what we've been working on...


If you know me, you know my love for being crafty & creative...so this week was the BEST! Not only did I get to spend a week doing something I love, I got to do it with my mom & for my this new addition to our family that I am beyond exciting about!
{Once the room in complete I will post good pictures of the the whole thing.}

. . .

Also...it's Friday, so that means it's time for a few more favorite things!

1.
Iced Coffee
When I was at my friend Jenny's, she made me a yummy iced coffee & since then I have been hooked. I love having coffee {decaf of course!} in the mornings. But these days it gets me so overheated that I can't seem to cool down no matter what! So this is the perfect fix. I just make coffee at night & put it in the refrigerator so it is nice and cold by morning. Then fill a cup full of ice, coffee & lots of fat free creamer to top it off! Yum!!

2.
Reusable Totes

I am all about saving on trash & taking care of the world we live in, but not so into the whole trend of the crazy go green thing. Don't get me wrong, I want to do what I can, but it is my personal opinion that so many products are really not the much better for our world, only worse on our pocketbooks. Sorry if you disagree! :)
BUT I do love these adorable reusable totes from Pier 1. My sweet bunco/church friend Sarah gave me this on & I LOVE it! It is so big & so cute at the same time.

3.
Bath & Body Works Energy Aromatherapy

I LOVE the smell of this stuff! I feel like I have just stepped out of an upscale spa or hotel when I use it. I am not going to say I feel any more energetic afterwords, but I do smell good!

7 comments:

Jason and Lindsey said...

the nursery is looking so cute from what you have revealed. i love and envy your craftiness my friend. i miss you! so cool that you had a whole week with your mamma:)

JENNY said...

I love the crafts you've worked on so far! Emma's room is going to be adorable. Can't wait to see the finished product. And, I'm still drinking tons of that iced coffee. yum!!

Mary Kay said...

I LOVED our week too! It was so so fun to work on Emma's room, hang out with ya'll, drink your new favorite drinks, shop and of course TALK!!! We did have fun didn't we!? Thank you for being the sweetest dearest daughter a mom could ever have. I can't imagine how sweet a mama you will be to Emma...she is one blessed little girl!!! Love you so much. Mom

Chelsie Sargent said...

I love my reusable bags- they go every where with me!

erin f. said...

Cute! I can't wait to see the whole thing put together!

Jessica said...

I love, love, love your little "EMMA" wall name art. So stinking cute!!!

Sarah said...

adorable, adorable, adorable nursery! I can't wait to see all that you guys did.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers