I LOVE Banana Bread!
This is a recipe of my favorites that was passed down from my mom. Anytime I have a few bananas that are turning too brown I always try to make up a loaf, or put the bananas in the freezer to save for later. It is so yummy with a cold glass of milk any time of day {or night!}.
This is a recipe of my favorites that was passed down from my mom. Anytime I have a few bananas that are turning too brown I always try to make up a loaf, or put the bananas in the freezer to save for later. It is so yummy with a cold glass of milk any time of day {or night!}.
Banana Bread
{not all ingredients pictured}
...and yes, those bananas are very brown, but also frozen which makes them look even worse! I usually go ahead & mash them up before freezing them, but guess I ran out of time that day!
Mix ingredients well {dissolve soda in sour cream}
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
4 Tablespoons sour cream
1 cup mashed bananas {I have found that is about 3 bananas}
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
{Adding chopped pecans adds a nice touch too!}
Spray large loaf pan with Pam & bake at 300 for 45-60 minutes. I usually have to bake for closer to 60 minutes & test the center with a toothpick until it comes out clean.
...and yes, those bananas are very brown, but also frozen which makes them look even worse! I usually go ahead & mash them up before freezing them, but guess I ran out of time that day!
Mix ingredients well {dissolve soda in sour cream}
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
4 Tablespoons sour cream
1 cup mashed bananas {I have found that is about 3 bananas}
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
{Adding chopped pecans adds a nice touch too!}
Spray large loaf pan with Pam & bake at 300 for 45-60 minutes. I usually have to bake for closer to 60 minutes & test the center with a toothpick until it comes out clean.
Enjoy!


4 comments:
Yummy... I love banana bread. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Yum! My mom's recipe is very similar. Sounds delicious right now. I've never thought to make it in a bundt pan. Great idea!!
Mmmmm...I love banana bread! We have a family recipe that I usually use...but I think I'll have to try yours, too! Except I really want some RIGHT NOW:)
I like my banana bread with milk too!
Post a Comment