Her official due date isnt until September, but little Emma has been so excited about coming into the world that she's asked me to get a head start on learning how to do some of the fun stuff. I tried and tried to tell her that she's still a little fetus and that there will be time to do many many things in the future, but she would have none of that. To my suprise, she's actually a quick little learner.
I was a little afraid to get into the heavy physical activity at first, so we started off playing a game of Cranium. She drew a Creative Cat card and had to build a tire out of the clay... I think she did a pretty good job.

Since Cranium was a pretty fun activity, and since she kept begging to do something that required a little more movement, I decided that a game of Wii was in order. I dont like to brag, but I'm a pretty good tennis pro on the Wii but goodness gracious Emma gave me a run for my money. She could actually pull off the "fast serve" after a few trys.

I was pretty worn out by that time, but she wanted to keep going. I guess since she doesnt have to walk around anywhere yet, and just rides inside of Ashley, she had plenty of energy to burn. We have a few badmitton raquets that we keep around for Owen, Clay and Will and as soon as Emma spotted them she wanted to know what they were and how you play with them. I had a good time teaching her how to hit the birdie.

After that we took a little rest. Ashley and I were worn out by that point. Ashley's feet were getting sore from running around chasing that birdie... after all, Emma could swing the raquet but Ashley had to do the moving. After some Gatorade and pre-natal vitamins we asked Emma what she wanted to learn next. She spotted the golf clubs in the corner of the room and it was on like a pot of neck bones. It was dark outside so we're going to have to wait for another day to actually hit a ball, but I did show her how to hold and swing the club. Michelle Wi watch out!

The thing we didn't really plan on was chipping the wall paint with the club. Ashley and I figured that this was a great opportunity to teach our little girl to fix what she breaks and how to take care of stuff. We promptly broke out the painting supplies and patched the scratch.

I never knew painting could be so much fun! I guess you just look at things differently when you're spending time with a little one. The good news is Emma finally got a little tired and wanted to do something that didnt require so much moving around. She's always been fond of my boots, so I suggested she try them on and play dress up. We even got a proper hat for her. We're still working on finding a little pearl snap to complete the outfit, but I think we've got a good start on her first rodeo outfit.

She looked so cute! She kept asking for a pony but we told her that we had two dogs in the backyard that she could ride around for a few years until she got too heavy. After that we may look at going to a petting zoo or something, but a pony is just too much.
Well friends and bloggers, I'm officially tired and going to bed. Playing with Emma was fun but it left me without any energy. If we ever get up to any more cool stuff I'll be sure to let you know, but in the meantime please keep praying for healthy moms and babies!
Adios

Since Cranium was a pretty fun activity, and since she kept begging to do something that required a little more movement, I decided that a game of Wii was in order. I dont like to brag, but I'm a pretty good tennis pro on the Wii but goodness gracious Emma gave me a run for my money. She could actually pull off the "fast serve" after a few trys.

I was pretty worn out by that time, but she wanted to keep going. I guess since she doesnt have to walk around anywhere yet, and just rides inside of Ashley, she had plenty of energy to burn. We have a few badmitton raquets that we keep around for Owen, Clay and Will and as soon as Emma spotted them she wanted to know what they were and how you play with them. I had a good time teaching her how to hit the birdie.

After that we took a little rest. Ashley and I were worn out by that point. Ashley's feet were getting sore from running around chasing that birdie... after all, Emma could swing the raquet but Ashley had to do the moving. After some Gatorade and pre-natal vitamins we asked Emma what she wanted to learn next. She spotted the golf clubs in the corner of the room and it was on like a pot of neck bones. It was dark outside so we're going to have to wait for another day to actually hit a ball, but I did show her how to hold and swing the club. Michelle Wi watch out!

The thing we didn't really plan on was chipping the wall paint with the club. Ashley and I figured that this was a great opportunity to teach our little girl to fix what she breaks and how to take care of stuff. We promptly broke out the painting supplies and patched the scratch.

I never knew painting could be so much fun! I guess you just look at things differently when you're spending time with a little one. The good news is Emma finally got a little tired and wanted to do something that didnt require so much moving around. She's always been fond of my boots, so I suggested she try them on and play dress up. We even got a proper hat for her. We're still working on finding a little pearl snap to complete the outfit, but I think we've got a good start on her first rodeo outfit.

She looked so cute! She kept asking for a pony but we told her that we had two dogs in the backyard that she could ride around for a few years until she got too heavy. After that we may look at going to a petting zoo or something, but a pony is just too much.
Well friends and bloggers, I'm officially tired and going to bed. Playing with Emma was fun but it left me without any energy. If we ever get up to any more cool stuff I'll be sure to let you know, but in the meantime please keep praying for healthy moms and babies!
Adios


5 comments:
haha! This post made me laugh so hard. David, you are going to be such a good daddy and I like that you are already teaching Emma so many fun games. Can't wait for her and Jude to meet!
cracking me up. what a great way to start the day!
This was hilarious! David, Emma is so blessed to have you as a playmate :) Blessings to you, Ashley, and Emma
You two crack us up! I just read it to Dad and he agrees, Emma is one blessed child...because she will have some very fun parents! Crazy...yes...but fun! :)
I laughed and laughed:)!!!
Post a Comment